Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Individual false eyelashes - safe?

Options
  • 29-06-2010 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi,

I recently got these on but I noticed that when they come off they seem to have a natural one with them, maybe I am just seeing the glue. But if it is the glue then like the bottom half of the lash has a layer of glue.

Anyway, what do you think of them, are they safe?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Hi OP, I've moved this to Fashion & appearance, hopefully you'll get more answers here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

coolrock wrote: »
    Hi,

I recently got these on but I noticed that when they come off they seem to have a natural one with them, maybe I am just seeing the glue. But if it is the glue then like the bottom half of the lash has a layer of glue.

Thanks

Yes, they would have to be safe to be allowed to be sold. Are you worried that one real eyelash came off with them? I'm not really sure why you think they aren't safe from the above?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

Hi,

Thanks

The real eyelash sheds, and since the false one is glued to it, it comes with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 coolrock

Pythia wrote: »
    Yes, they would have to be safe to be allowed to be sold. Are you worried that one real eyelash came off with them? I'm not really sure why you think they aren't safe from the above?

Hi,
    Thanks for getting back to me, it just freaked me out that they are coming out with my lashes too. I thought that they were glued to the eyelids not the actual eyelash.

Would it be harmful to your eyes to have this done regularly?

Magenta wrote: »
    The real eyelash sheds, and since the false one is glued to it, it comes with it.

Oh, i didn't know that, only about 5 of my lashes would come out in a month and now a good few have come off with the artificial, its kinda turned me off it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Oh, i didn't know that, only about 5 of my lashes would come out in a month and now a good few have come off with the artificial, its kinda turned me off it!

You think that 5 of your eyelashes fall out a month but I'd say in reality far far more do, you just don't notice.

Hi,
    Thanks for getting back to me, it just freaked me out that they are coming out with my lashes too. I thought that they were glued to the eyelids not the actual eyelash.

Would it be harmful to your eyes to have this done regularly?

Ask your beauty therapist, you should have been told all this before you got them done.

Thanks to all for getting back to me, the girl who was doing them was new to it and didnt know too much herself. But now I know more thanks to you.

Thanks again.

Thanks to all for getting back to me, the girl who was doing them was new to it and didnt know too much herself. But now I know more thanks to you.

Thanks again.

Go to someone else in future, you've only got one pair of eyes and you don't want someone inexperienced poking you in the eye or getting glue in your eye by mistake. Go to a professional, who is experienced and knows what they are doing.

Magenta wrote: »
    Go to someone else in future, you've only got one pair of eyes and you don't want someone inexperienced poking you in the eye or getting glue in your eye by mistake. Go to a professional, who is experienced and knows what they are doing.

Hi,

Yeah your right, thanks for getting back to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭fiona-f

No clue as to the actual answer but I'd suggest that asking your optician would be better than your beautician - the beautician is bound to tell you they're perfectly safe because that means more €€€ for her. I agree with whoever said don't take any risks with your eyes, you only get the one pair.

Advertisement