Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for dress, attending friends wedding

Options
  • 29-06-2010 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭

Not me, the mrs!

We're travelling down tomorrow to try get something for her - she's tried a few shops in town, Castlebar and Sligo but nothing.

Where are the best shops to try in the city? We've M&S on the list so far...........

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭bills

Dont know your budget but

Debenhams
    BT
    Madison, abbeygate street
    Demora , Cross Street
    Rococco, Cross Street

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

It'd be below €150

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Carolyyn

Monsoon on Shop street and Coast in Brown Thomas are great for wedding wear dresses and accessories.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

Born

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭central park

you might get lucky in TK MAXX just off Eyre Square. I got dress there for a wedding when I wasn't even looking for one!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

tk maxx is always worth a visit

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭central park

Great minds think alike!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

yeah, tk maxx first for a quick look, then on to debenham's would be my choice.

after that I'd probably be sick of shopping and probably just go with something I already own. :rolleyes: :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭thefeatheredcat

Occasions on middle street is one to try too. as it is the season, anthony ryans might have something, even if just accessories.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭hyperbaby

I got a kick ass dress in brown thomas for a wedding for 118 euro.
    it's lovely.
    there was also options in monsoon, but with that shop i would be a bit more cautious of someone having the same dress. then again there is a monsoon in Sligo so maybe ya checked there already.
    i'd also say debenhams, oasis, beverley hills!

Good luck with the search :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Carolyyn

sam34 wrote: »
    tk maxx is always worth a visit

You can be lucky with TK Maxx but more often than not they don't have size 10 in the things I like :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

We went into BT first, kinda scared with the prices but she found the dress she wanted there, at half price - went around to a good few other shops but couldn't find anything so ran back to make sure it hadn't been sold!

Thanks all for the help:)

Advertisement