Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best site for online trading?

Options
  • 29-06-2010 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

I know this question has been asked before but things change and new sites pop up all the time so I thought I would get some up to date info.

I wanted to get into share trading. Mainly irish and uk shares but I would like the possibility to branch off into international markets in the future.

I have been reading about €15 trades and thought there must be a cheaper site.

I dont want to invest much at the moment. Around €500 and prob wont make to many transactions for a while so would like something I can just leave and come back to without accumulating a fortune in charges.

Would appreciate any help.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭pirelli

Td ameritrade,E trade

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭LittleLebowski

Dont think Ameritrade do international markets. Only america and canada.
    Know anything about etrade?

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭duckmusic

I use sharebuilder.com and I like is so far. I'm not sure if they take Irish investors though. I am in America and joined from there so I am unsure.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭poodles

I set up a TD Waterhouse but haven't started to use it yet...

Herad a couple bad things about them that they will take a while to execute an order? ..or that it will take a while for the transaction to show in your account?

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Bullish

Try Thinkorswim it is a great platform and you can trade in paper money without funding it to learn the platform and if you are new to stocks practice
    Best of luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭LittleLebowski

Bullish wrote: »
    Try Thinkorswim it is a great platform and you can trade in paper money without funding it to learn the platform and if you are new to stocks practice
    Best of luck

Thanks for the info but they only trade in american stocks and have an irish stock in mind. Just looking for the cheapest way to buy a few shares and manage the account myself. the fees with online irish sites are very high and all the rest seem to have minnimum funding fees wich are a little to high for me at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭heno55

have had some small problems with td waterhouse but if you ring the freephone no it will be sorted asap.

Advertisement