Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good idea or not? (Desire related)

Options
  • 29-06-2010 7:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭

I'm a meteor PAYG customer at the moment and I want the HTC Desire. I understand they won't sell it to me on PAYG.

The plan I want is to stay on PAYG but I want to switch to free internet and meteor texts so if I pay my €20 p/m, I get 250mb of data free right? So if I go on that plan, then buy a sim-free desire online, I'm sorted fo €20 a month?

Ill just be losing my free meteor calls, but I'd get over that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Not entirely sure I understand your question but if you buy a sim-free phone you can put whatever sim-card (on whatever contract, plan or PAYG) you want into it.

I'm on an O2 iPhone contract (I probably shouldn't be... I think there are better options, but that's another matter) and I use my Desire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭wireless101

Goodshape wrote: »
    Not entirely sure I understand your question but if you buy a sim-free phone you can put whatever sim-card (on whatever contract, plan or PAYG) you want into it.

I'm on an O2 iPhone contract (I probably shouldn't be... I think there are better options, but that's another matter) and I use my Desire.

I'm planning on buying a sim-free desire then putting my meteor sim into it. I'll be on PAYG with the free meteor texts and 250mb data plan when I top up with €20.

Just confirming that this will work?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Yeah, can't see why not.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

not the best payg option (three) but ye it should work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭wireless101

not the best payg option (three) but ye it should work.

How is 3's service better?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭allen175

just be careful with only 250mb of data, the phone uses alot of data. i can use 500mb+ a month and i use wifi aswell, so if you can go for at least a 1gb data.

Advertisement