Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SIM card contacts.....

Options
  • 29-06-2010 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,471 ✭✭✭✭

Right, got a Desire last week and having spent a bit of time messing around with it, I can safely say I love it.
    I'm gonna use this thread to ask and hopefully get answers about "issues" that crop up for me from time to time.
    First things first. I had an Sony Ericsson o2 phone before this. Meteor rep copied my contacts to a meteor sim before I ported.
    Anyway the contacts from the sim are showing up somewhat garbles (surname;firstname:1) for example with some letters of the surname truncated some times.
    Is there a "fast" way to edit these and also is there a way to advise the people app to display contacts with first name first?
    (I assume the "people app" is the best option for managing contacts?)
    I've disabled the facebook and google contacts as it really confuses me - contact manage ment in general is a bit confusing so a best practices link would be good to have.

Also, I had an issue with handcent not displaying the contact name (but displaying the phone number) but I think a recent update fixed this.
    Kippy

Advertisement