Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need someone to weigh in on this...

Options
  • 29-06-2010 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

This is pretty much nothing to be honest but still, its recking my head so I need some advice.

So this morning me and my girlfriend decided to clean our room, she was sorting out the clothes and I was hovering, after which I sat down and played a game. Soon after, she asks me to put some clothes in the washing machine, which I did.

So later I'm looking for my mic, for the game, couldn't find it at all, pulling the place apart, crawling under the bed, the lot. While she helped for a bit, then gaved up and sat there looking at me, while calling me a retard. Since I put it somewhere last last after I finished playing it. Usually when my girlfriend uses the mic she puts it back on the desk and last night I just threw it on the floor beside the tv. So anyway after about 30mins of looking I figured out it must be in the washing machine.

Since I didn't put it there I think shes pretty much at fault, fair enough I shouldn't have thrown it on the floor, but still, its not the same as actually throwing it in the washing.

She thinks I should have been more careful like the way she is, the mic is small enough and there was alot of clothes. She thinks the mic was thrown amongst the clothes so how was it her fault, and she also thinks I should have checked the clothes that she asked me to put in.

She thinks its 50/50 and I'm being immature and has apologised already.

I think its sort of my fault still a bit hers more than mine, though to be honest it was much of an apology, more like "sorry, but its your fault as much as mine".

I know this is fairly stupid, but just to get it out of the way. No comments on anything but the matter at hand please, don't want relationship advice or any crap like that, just who's at fault.

Cheers :)

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

its 100% your fault:rolleyes:

it is up to you to look after your possessions and not your gf.

if you throw things on the floor dont be surprised if they get broken or washed

• Registered Users Posts: 7,517 ✭✭✭matrim

You put the clothes in the washing machine without checking them. It's your fault

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

settler101 wrote: »
    she asks me to put some clothes in the washing machine, which I did.............last night I just threw it on the floor beside the tv.

Sorry OP, this one's all you. You threw it on the floor, you put the clothes in the washing machine, I don't see how it's her fault in any way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Your mic, your job to look after it, your own fault if something happens to it. You admit to throwing it on the floor where frankly it could have been stepped on, thrown out in the trash, put into the washing machine or a million other things could have happened to it. You don't want your stuff getting broken then look after it better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Whenever i can't find something in our house i ask the missus. Where's my book? I put away on the shelf. Where's my i pod? I put it in your bag. Where's my gaming mic? It's on top of your Playstation.

The woman is incredible, It's like she has an inbuilt find my crap radar. If something gets stood on, thrown in the bin or any other kind of mishap, well then i really only have myself to blame for being such a messy fecker.

Your prob OP is all about I'm afraid.

I'm now off to buy the missus some flowers for putting up with my crap.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭Lillylilly

weiland79 wrote: »
    Whenever i can't find something in our house i ask the missus. Where's my book? I put away on the shelf. Where's my i pod? I put it in your bag. Where's my gaming mic? It's on top of your Playstation.

The woman is incredible, It's like she has an inbuilt find my crap radar. If something gets stood on, thrown in the bin or any other kind of mishap, well then i really only have myself to blame for being such a messy fecker.

You sound exactly like my boyf! He asks me where something is before he even starts looking. His memory is rubbish too- so it's not just when I'm tidying.

Totally your fault, OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

fair enough ha i apologised to her and she was laughing cause she was in the right. she said we should use boards more often because maybe then she will win some arguments :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

It's possible that your gf doesn't want to set a precedent where she is responsible for your things.

I once asked my husband if he had anything for the wash. He wanted me to go into the bedroom and have a look for any of his clothes that might be dirty. In response to my asking "How will I know if your clothes are dirty or not?" he suggested I "sniff them." I refused and told him I'm not his mother, if he can't manage the task of putting dirty clothes in the washing basket then he doesn't get clean clothes.

Although I'm probably reading too much into it. Just be glad your mic didn't get broken or vaccumed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

unfortunately the mic did get broken ahhh well ill be more careful next time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Originally when I started reading the post , I thought the GF might have hidden the mic or something after the OP sat down and played games while she was still working about with the chores ;) That would have really annoyed me I mean doing chores while someone skives off to play playstation :D

I can sympathize with the OP to a degree, I mean how does the mic go from the floor next to the tv to the washing :confused: unless there was a pile of dirty socks and stuff there too ?

I must be that rare breed of bloke who knows where the wash basket is and put my things away when I'm done using them, and generally pick up after myself.

That said if there was a Miss Calex I might be as bad as the rest of them :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Lillylilly wrote: »
    You sound exactly like my boyf! He asks me where something is before he even starts looking. His memory is rubbish too- so it's not just when I'm tidying.

Totally your fault, OP!

Baby is that you?

Have you seen my runners anywhere?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Okay I think we're done here, as this is more a minor domestic than a PI.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement