Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Application procudure for Part-time courses.

Options
  • 29-06-2010 2:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭

So we send in our application form and they take the application fee from your account. (€650) They send out a receipt of application and an application reference but have heard nothing since. Does anyone know when they get the ball rolling on informing us whether we got accepted? The course is Bachelor of Science in IT Management if that makes any difference.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Usually when they tale your fee it means you're accepted

Wouldn't hurt to drop into the college to be sure though

I'd say they'll send you out info on orientation dates mid August

• Registered Users Posts: 8,419 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

I have just finished that course this year. Went into 4th year last year. Didn't find out until the friday before the course started that i had actually got a place. Admin in the college is pretty bad but the course itself is excellent.

I rang/emailed/called into the college numerous times last year trying to find out and then got a phonecall late on the friday saying i had a place and could i be in for 10am the following day for induction/registration!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Thanks for the info lads, I'll give them a call and see what they say. Surely they don't take the application fee off of everyone just to refund it to the people who didn't get in?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I rang them up the other week and they told me I'll hear back by the end of August, coincidentally I had a letter waiting for me when I got home that same day informing me I had a place.

I wouldn't worry too much about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Misa-san

The part-time office run a huge operation. I did some work with them during the year. They could probably could do with a tightening of procedures, but they deal with huge numbers of students and not as many staff as the full-time office would have. You will hear from them, in time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement