Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Button on the way out - Options?

Options
  • 29-06-2010 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭

Afternoon all.

The home button on my iPhone 3G is after getting to the stage where it only works when it wants to. It doesn't really matter if I barely press it, or if I nearly put my finger through it...it won't be rushed. It's very annoying!

So I'm wondering what my options are. Is there anywhere (preferably in Cork) that fixes iPhones? Actually, is it possible to be fixed? Could I open the iPhone and see what's happening?

Thanks guys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,497 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Have a look through these guides. They also sell iPhone parts if you were willing to give it a bash yourself!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

Soarer wrote: »
    or if I nearly put my finger through it...it won't be rushed. It's very annoying!

how often do you have to press "home" to have broken it?!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Have a look through these guides. They also sell iPhone parts if you were willing to give it a bash yourself!?

Thanks for that. I'd certainly give it a go myself. Worst case I make a bags of it, and I'll have the perfect excuse to upgrade!;)
    how often do you have to press "home" to have broken it?!

The button itself isn't broken, it's just the "doing what it's supposed to" part doesn't work. It still clicks, just doesn't engage.
    As for how many times, I suppose I'd be looking at 100 times a day, between switching between apps, using the ipod, etc. And since I've had the phone since last Christmas 12 months, it's a fair bit of usage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

I would say you might have dropped it and now the connection from the home button to the motherboard is loose.

Try taking off the front panel, then putting it back on again. Follow a guide and it should fix it. Failing that you can always get a replacement part. I could fix it for you in a couple of min and I have the part in stock. PM Me if you want more details.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,497 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Soarer wrote: »
    Thanks for that. I'd certainly give it a go myself. Worst case I make a bags of it, and I'll have the perfect excuse to upgrade!;)

Any excuse, huh ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Morning all.
    I figured I'd use this thread to update my progress instead of starting a new one.

Anyways, I opened up the iphone last night, and have appeared to have mostly solved the home button problem. It's still not as reactive as it once was, but it's a whole pile better.

My fiddling has caused another problem though! :o
    The screen is now displaying as if tinted (best way I can describe it I'm afraid!), and it's completely independent of what brightness I set it too. Have I made a bags of it?

Also, and this started happening last Friday before I opened it up, the phone goes dead even when there's a full charge. It only comes back to life when I plug it back in, and then it displays there's a full battery! Very annoying, but not as annoying as if I've fukked up my screen!:mad:

Any ideas guys?

Thanks.

Advertisement