Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camera Rental

Options
  • 29-06-2010 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

I'm looking for anywhere that would do cheap rental cameras, I'm looking for the likes of a 50D, a flash gun, and a lens (The kit lens would do, as all I need is so I can take pictures of the person itself, the background etc. doesn't matter as its going to be recreated etc.)

Does anyone know anywhere that does this? Preferably in the Munster Region, or who delivers and would have it in Limerick for about 10am?

Cheers,
    Cillian

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭DotOrg

conns in dublin, i'm sure if you pay by credit card they can courrier it to you
    http://www.connscameras.ie/equipment-rental-243749cm2.html

if the lens doesn't matter then did you think about using a decent point and shoot, escpecially if you're shooting with a flash on the camera and removing the background afterwards. Is a 50D really all that necessary, may save you some money

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Well I've got a 450D with a kit lens, and a Samsung Bridge (WB5000 or something like that), but I was looking for something up from that mainly for a good burst shot, because we are trying to stage some 'action shots'.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Prices for rental in Ireland are a joke. Better off buying a used camera and lens really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

The best advice I can give is avoid Conns - they're a rip off. Get in touch with ISS and they'll sort you out.

Anyone have any idea what I would need for staging soccer shots? Its outdoors, so its going to be all natural light, So if I can be recommended what I need, It would be easier to get a price?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭DotOrg

if you're staging soccer pics and want them to look like proper press photos you'll need at least a 200mm lens to get the compression look that a long lens has. In daylight, your 450D and a 70-300 lens would get you what you need with some practice at timing.

a 70-200 f2.8 or 200 or 300mm would be better as the background blur would be more like the pros

DotOrg wrote: »
    if you're staging soccer pics and want them to look like proper press photos you'll need at least a 200mm lens to get the compression look that a long lens has. In daylight, your 450D and a 70-300 lens would get you what you need with some practice at timing.

a 70-200 f2.8 or 200 or 300mm would be better as the background blur would be more like the pros

I don't really need the background, as that will be removed when the player is rendered, the shot is all about the player and what the player will be doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭JAMES VTI S

What about now a days, is there any places renting put high spec cameras?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Same answer as back then. Conns Camera. Unless you have CPS membership for Canon, then there is one other option.

It's still a rip off?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

Not high spec but Whelan cameras in Limerick do sigma lens rentals and some low end Canon / Nikon bodies

Any price you know of

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

Any price you know of
    Prices here https://www.whelancameras.ie/Lens-Rental , the longer the rental the less per day ie the 70-200 is €100 for 1 day or €175 for 5 days

Thanks

Advertisement