Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

American car alarm - Irish fitter... Help

Options
  • 29-06-2010 9:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Being a guy who loves gadgets I just bought a Viper 5902 remote start pager alarm with DEI516L Voice Module (car will voice each function activated) and also a DEI508 Proximity sensor. The items were sourced from the USA and while you are asked to include your vehicles make and model at checkout the information documentation I received is not vehicle specific.

The car is a 1992 Lexus/Toyota Soarer 2.5TT, it was with the engineer all day yesterday and while he got the better part of the alarm working it was the remote start that eluded him to the point where he has pretty much accepted that without vehicle specific documentation he has done all that he can.

The Clifford Matrix 590.2 is essentially the same alarm so I will try MDS in Palmerstown today, any other suggestions or recommendations, assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭mjquinno

give Peter McCloskey PMC installers he might be able to help you out ill pm you his number.

NOT AFFILIATED.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭mullingar

MDS Palmerstown?

If that is the place behind the old cottages near the juction for liffey valley/ballyfermot/palmerstown, I would personally avoid. I heard some nasty stories from them a few years ago, but time may have changed them

Just my $0.02

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Is the car an automatic? If it is manual, the remote start feature might be a lot tougher to get working.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭a_v525

I wired up remote start to my bros e36. Simple to install just 4 wires. Cut the starter wire from the ignition loom & wire it up to the 5-pin relay for your remote start, the other is to +12v & then ground (well its supposed to go to the handbreak switch so it can only start when the handbreak is up i.e. grounded) & the last goes to the immobiliser/ignition wire. The instructions I got with the alarm were simple to follow with diagrams, only prob was workin out which wires were which on the e36, but a half hour on google & I had all the colours.

Prob porbably isnt with the system, just your auto electrician doesnt know what wires are what in your car. Try google, mans best friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Tattude

Thanks to all for the replies

mjquinno, I gave that guy a shout, gonna see the car on Fri all going well, seems he fitted the same alarm to an R32 Golf so he seems like the man

mullingar, thats them alright, spoke to them and didn't like the cut of their jib to be honest, will prob give them a wide berth

pkiernan, the car is indeed automatic, seems that remote start on a manual is illegal these days in case its left in gear but that info is unconfirmed

a_v525, this would appear to be a little more complicated than the four wire system you mention, the guy wiring the alarm is one of the most reputable in my area so he's no amateur

I contacted the supplier who was reluctant to help at first but I applied some gentle persuasion techniques and he came round fairly quickly, he managed to get me a detailed wiring list for my specific vehicle so hopefully that will do the trick :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭a_v525

Similar to the one I wired:

http://www.fordf150.net/howto/images/rs_diagram.jpg

Brown, red, pink & the 30 pin from the immobiliser 4pin relay are the ones I was talking about. Admittedly if yours is an expensive one its probably more complicated than 2 relays to start the car, but mine (from ebay) works on the bros bmw no prob.

Good luck with it anyway, altho just be careful, I'd say wiring schematics are probably different fro LHD than RHD

EDIT:

This describes my system more easily:

dodgediagram.gif

Advertisement