Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus eireann heavy vehicle mechanic apprenticeship

Options
  • 29-06-2010 12:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi guys ,

i recently got a letter off bus eireann advising me to attend an interview after doing the apptitude test . Im not sure wat to expect and wat sort of format the interview will be conducted in .

Would be really interesting to find someone else who has been invited back for an interview to see wat they think . or even better if there are any past interviewees who went through it already .

I would appreciate and info any1 could provide :D

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 RevOC

I'm in the same boat

Any help appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭auto spark

wen and were is ur interview revOc . mine is the 7th of july , in phibsbora .

i pressume the owl suit will be taken out of the closet for the interview anyways . a friend of mine knows some guys who have gone through it already . but there fully qualified now and wouldnt remember a thing ya know .

if ya find out anything throw it up here mate . wouldnt mind a bit of info just before i go in .

im sure there is still a good few intervewees goin for it . have u got any past experience with mechanics or cars

I'm in on Monday in the same place, dunno wtf to expect :confused:

I hope it goes great for ya mate .

will ya do me a big favour and post a bit of info on monday after ur interview or on tuesday . i would really really appreciate it .

best of luck if you are not back on by then :D . keep a cool head and it will be a piece of cake .

Yeh no bother man

• Advertisement

thanks man ur a legend . best of luck with it .

might see ya in the workshops wen this is all over :D

how did ya get on today , did ya get a good grillin at the intervieww .

any info for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Noddy 2010

I got a letter last tuesday offering me an apprenticeship position to start induction in the autumn?!!

I think they left it very late to send out offers to people......I assumed I didn't get the job and applied for a NZ & OZ visa to head off for a year.

Anyone else get job offers and know the time-line from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 collins_danny

Noddy 2010 wrote: »
    I got a letter last tuesday offering me an apprenticeship position to start induction in the autumn?!!

I think they left it very late to send out offers to people......I assumed I didn't get the job and applied for a NZ & OZ visa to head off for a year.

Anyone else get job offers and know the time-line from here.

I was offered the apprenticeship and accepted, have to do an induction course in dublin for a week from the 15th of november

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Noddy 2010

I was offered the apprenticeship and accepted, have to do an induction course in dublin for a week from the 15th of november

Congratulations collins_danny. Where are ya going to be based. I was told the 1st November by someone on the phone as my start date for induction course. Just waiting now for the official letter in the post before I hand in my notice to my current employer. I will be doing my time with Dublin Bus so take it I'll be based somewhere in the big smoke!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 collins_danny

Noddy 2010 wrote: »
    Congratulations collins_danny. Where are ya going to be based. I was told the 1st November by someone on the phone as my start date for induction course. Just waiting now for the official letter in the post before I hand in my notice to my current employer. I will be doing my time with Dublin Bus so take it I'll be based somewhere in the big smoke!!

Thanks, congrats to you too. I was only told over the phone also so waiting on the letter too. Im to based in Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 deano1990

hi im im just wondering has any one any info on the bus eireann mechanics..ive got my interview for 13/11/2012 and was wondering wats to be expected in the interview.cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1 subaru impreza wrx sti

Got an e-mail thursday telling me I've to go to Dublin for an induction course on the 19th of november 2012..? I wouldn't ming but I didn't even do an interview? The e-mail told me I got an accepted place in Capwell Cork (bus eireann garage).. Is this legit? i'm half afraid to ring incase its a mistake.. has this happened anybody else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭petersburg2002

Got an e-mail thursday telling me I've to go to Dublin for an induction course on the 19th of november 2012..? I wouldn't ming but I didn't even do an interview? The e-mail told me I got an accepted place in Capwell Cork (bus eireann garage).. Is this legit? i'm half afraid to ring incase its a mistake.. has this happened anybody else?

Odd, if as you say, you didn't do the interview. Won't hurt to ring. What address was on the email?

Advertisement