Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadheads

Options
  • 28-06-2010 11:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Just curious... legal... illegal?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,291 ✭✭✭BrianD3

I don't see anything in legislation that would make a broadhead any less legal than a target point. Obviously hunting is completely illegal no matter what point you use.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭ruiner

Can't use boradheads or any hunting points in FITA comps and probably not clubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Panserborn

As said in previous posts, don't think they are illegal, but for the archery allowed in Ireland they are useless.

Can't use them in any competition and generally make arrows fly like a cotton bud with a golf ball at the end of it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭ivanthehunter

There legal!!
    You can buy them here in Ireland in a few spots but TBH the quality of the stock available here is crap!
    I got some nice one in the US and in Canada!
    You'd be better to buy off the net than to buy anything here IMO.

There are two types Fixed and Mechanical, The mechanical heads open once the target is hit so as such they dont grab any air on their path to target, The Fixed are more dependable but don't go over board on diameter or weight..
    If you do buy some broadhead make sure that you also buy field points with the same weigh.

I have found 125gran 3 bladed muzzys to be a bit slow out of a 60lb IBO 304f/s compound, i much prefer to shoot with the 100 grain muzzy's, yep there smaller and weigh a little less but the fly a lot better.

Hope thats been of help to ye mate...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭ivanthehunter

Panserborn wrote: »
    As said in previous posts, don't think they are illegal, but for the archery allowed in Ireland they are useless.

Can't use them in any competition and generally make arrows fly like a cotton bud with a golf ball at the end of it.

I have heard that people use them in conjunction with standard field points to acheive a better level of paper tuning:confused:

I tune with them anyway!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Jack0106

why would they sell them here if its totally illegal to hunt with the
    thats just asking people to break the law

like somebody who has a fox etc problem on one hand and a nice 65lb compound on the other and broadheads down the road..come on haha

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭zen260

seems like anything thats fun is illegal in ireland as par usual

Advertisement