Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to import TCD mail into my Gmail account

Options
  • 28-06-2010 9:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭

...and failing.

I was able to import my Yahoo mail with minimal fuss, but the TCD mail is being more resistant. I have gone into settings (in TCD mail) and told it to enable POP on all mail, but still it resists. I have told it to forward all mail to my new address in the meantime, but I'd rather have everything archived too.

When I tell Gmail to import, it simply reports that it could not find the POP server, and prompts me for a username and server address (default: mail.tcd.ie, I also tried pop.tcd.ie). I can't get any further than this.

Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

pretty sure its pop.googlemail.com
    Username is your full tcd email.

Other option is to forward everything to you+tcd@gmail.com and create a filter to label all mail to you+tcd@gmail.com with your tcd label

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Fedule

...didn't work, even with pop.googlemail.com and full TCD address in the username field.

EDIT: Does TCD really use gmail's own servers for mail? I figured the address would be something.tcd.ie.

Just so we're clear, I'm using the Import function, not the one where you check other Gmail accounts using POP. I don't think TCD's mail is *actually* gmail...

Just checked using my own account:
    Password is your myzone password (which can be different to your tcd password)
    Pop Username is you@tcd.ie
    Pop Server is pop.gmail.com and port is 995

and yes, Trinity do use google servers for email :)

It worked!

BUT!

"This account cannot be imported at the moment. Please try again later".

...This just never ends, does it?

No idea why that is. You say you have pop enabled in the myzone account....

• Advertisement

Well, not sure what the holdup was. But it decided to work now.

(Yeah, I very definitely did have POP enabled)

I guess it might genuinely have been a temporary problem on Google's (or College's?) end. Everything imported successfully. Thanks for your help!

Advertisement