Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open De France golf betting

Options
  • 28-06-2010 7:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

Bonjour everyone.

The AT&T National in USA this weekend doesn't float my boat so looking towards the European Tour event this weekend. It's a fairly strong field at the Open De France.

For this week's golf betting tips I'm leaning towards:

Ian Poulter @ 28/1
    Soren Hansen e/w @ 40/1

Both have good form at this event in recent years and should go well again.

Let me know who your getting on or if your have a good tip for the AT&T National then i'll be glad to hear it as always.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

I've had a sizeable bet(for me) on Alejandro Canizares @66/1,really like this guys swing,think he'll win 1 b4 the end of the year
    played well here the last few years,although this year he comes here with more comfidence and consistency than ever,also played very well last week
    only thing that might sting my bet is the depth of quality in the field
    i'm also backin him top 10/20,see challenge/logs section

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭deewhy

Greg Havret @ 80 - hopefully take his US Open form to home turf.

[URL="javascript:void(0)"]Matteo Manassero [/URL]@ 230 with a view to lay off at some stage

deewhy wrote: »
    Greg Havret @ 80 - hopefully take his US Open form to home turf.

Matteo Manassero @ 230 with a view to lay off at some stage

is that betfair,if so for how much?some price

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭ValueSeeker

I've just heard that Lee Westwood is more than likely out. That leaves Charl Schwarzl (22/1 E/W) the favourite in my book. Charl is said to have 1 of the ebst swings in golf and when I have a golfer in contention, he's 1 I never want in the chase. He's simmering right now and I fancy him over the next 3 weeks culminating in the British Open.

You can get 9/1 on Larrazabal for a top 10 finish. He was flawless here 2 years ago and never looked likely to be caught.

Kenneth Ferrie is showing signs of form of late and may be worth looking at for a top 20.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭deewhy

heavyballs wrote: »
    is that betfair,if so for how much?some price

Both BF in the win market. Small stakes -Havret now into 55. have also backed each for 1st round leader @ 65 and 125!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Verance

What's up with Westwood??

I

You can get 9/1 on Larrazabal for a top 10 finish. He was flawless here 2 years ago and never looked likely to be caught.

decent price but jayses he's one moody cnut,felt sorry for his caddy,(think it's his bro)last week,he totally lost it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Verance wrote: »
    What's up with Westwood??

He has a swollen calf. It was a suspected blood clot. I'm not sure though if they have had any updates

• Registered Users Posts: 23,839 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

im on schwartzel at 20/1 ew

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭fonda

Did Poulter pull out of this as well?

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

As I said in the golf thread...

Schwartzel (E/W)
    Havret (E/W) @ 60/1

is what I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭Speak Now

heavyballs wrote: »
    I've had a sizeable bet(for me) on Alejandro Canizares @66/1,really like this guys swing,think he'll win 1 b4 the end of the year
    played well here the last few years,although this year he comes here with more comfidence and consistency than ever,also played very well last week
    only thing that might sting my bet is the depth of quality in the field
    i'm also backin him top 10/20,see challenge/logs section

:) Nice start

:) Nice start

swinging lovely,hope he puts in a steady one on Saturday,glad to see they're out in 3's tomorrow,wouldn't have liked it as much if it had been him and Kaymer going out in the last group,

Whatever happens fair bloody play heavy mate.

After-timing but I'll back it up...

97387105.jpg

I had Dustin Johnson in the US Open and now Kaymer :rolleyes:

79219988.jpg

A little bit of money clawed back from Rory... thank god for the football and tennis :pac:

why didn't he hit driver like at the regular 18th,fing gobsheite

Canizares is done for. Get in!

C'mon on Molinari! :)

edit - un****ing believable.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭YohanCabeye7

What was your profit/loss on this event heavyballs? Trading on Canazres or whatever? thanks.
    Great pick :)

i don't trade because i'm usually out all day Sunday and i generally let it ride,have had a few big wins of around 1k and 1 of 2k,wouldn't have pocketed the big dough if i had layed off

i'm not a big gambler fyi,i had €10 e/w at 66/1,€40 on Top 20 @5/2 and €20 on Top 10 @11/2,btw he's the only golfer i backed in Europe,as i stated early in the week i fancied him strongly,i normally only put a fiver or tenner on Top 10/20 markets,i reckoned he was a shoe in (if there's such a thing in golf betting)for the Top 20 and that covered me,i never go mad on the top 10 market because i always seem to get stung with ties

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Kod-box

can you explain how you wouldnt get as stung on ties with the top 20 as opposed to the top 10?

genuine question i just dont understand how they settle ties in golf, cheers.

fair play btw

Kod-box wrote: »
    can you explain how you wouldnt get as stung on ties with the top 20 as opposed to the top 10?

genuine question i just dont understand how they settle ties in golf, cheers.

fair play btw

well they settle them very unfairly imo,for eg if you back a golfer at eg 100/1,say 5er e/w,if he's tied with just 1 other player the odds of 100/1 stay but your stake is halved,if he's tied with 5 you divide your stake by 5 and so on
    i really fancied my lad to be up towards the top10 or so,as you know on that course the finish full of trouble so a player could easily drop 10 places in the last few holes(ala Kennie Ferrie)backin more on the top 20 was just an insurance policy for me,i thought it was nailed on,as it turned out i should have just done top 10 @11/2 but i'm still happy

• Advertisement
Advertisement