Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bikini line hair removal help!

Options
  • 28-06-2010 7:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭

Hi!
    I use Nair to remove hair around my bikini line but it leaves me with loads of little red dots and leaves a stubbly feeling which I don't like! Was thinking of waxing, either myself or somewhere professional but i haven't done it before and have noone to ask. What should I get done the bikini line or the whole thing? is it really that painful?? thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

fifomania wrote: »
    Hi!
    I use Nair to remove hair around my bikini line but it leaves me with loads of little red dots and leaves a stubbly feeling which I don't like! Was thinking of waxing, either myself or somewhere professional but i haven't done it before and have noone to ask. What should I get done the bikini line or the whole thing? is it really that painful?? thanks!

I don't find waxing hurts very much at all, I get it done in Brazilia. How much you want to get off is up to you. I'd get it done professionally personally as there's less chance of it going wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭chirogirl

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

Maybe just get a regular bikini wax the first time and gradually get more waxed each time if you wish. Getting a major wax the first time might be a bit of a shock!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Pythia wrote: »
    I don't find waxing hurts very much at all, I get it done in Brazilia. How much you want to get off is up to you. I'd get it done professionally personally as there's less chance of it going wrong!
    chirogirl wrote: »

I've been to both these places and they are both very good, very professional.

I agree with Mood. Get your biking line done first as it will be less of a shock to getting everything off - that can be a bit scary first time round! "Where she going with that wax now?? Arrrggghh" :D

Is it sore? Well it depends on the waxer. The two places mentioned above only do waxing so the girls are waxing people all day, every day so they are good at their job. If you go to a smaller salon who might only get to do a bikini line once a week or so they aren't as good. I've got some terrible waxes done in small salons. I will always pay a bit more to get it done in somewhere like Brazilia or Urban Wax. The torture is just not worth saving the few euro!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

I'd give a thumbs up to Urban Wax too. In fact am off there this evening (have hot date on Thursday night:o:D).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭rebel10

Advertisement