Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

does it matter of you have unmatcing tack

Options
  • 28-06-2010 6:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭

is ok to brown bridle and black pair of reins. brown saddle and black stirrup leathers.does other people have numaching tack

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

Unless you're showing or doing dressage, it doesn't really matter that the tack doesn't match. For instance, I have a black bridle but brown reins and use it for show jumping, hunter trials, hunting and racing. However, if I was showing, I would use black reins and a black bridle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭ladylouise

convert wrote: »
    Unless you're showing or doing dressage, it doesn't really matter that the tack doesn't match. For instance, I have a black bridle but brown reins and use it for show jumping, hunter trials, hunting and racing. However, if I was showing, I would use black reins and a black bridle.
    i have brown bridle and black reins.is "horsework" a good brand of tack

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Nah, it's fine unless looks count. I have a bridle made up of bits of other, different bridles put together. Completely unmatching of course but it does the same job. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,288 ✭✭✭✭fits

It doesnt matter as such. The horse wont mind. But it does look nicer to have it all the one colour at least.

I love my brown tack. Will treat myself to a handmade handstitched hunter bridle this year some time.

Advertisement