Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Martyrs - remake

• 28-06-2010 2:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭

With Kristen Stewart from "Twilight" rumoured to be playing one of the girls
    Kristen Stewart Sought for ‘Martyrs’ Remake

15 June 2010 6:17 PM, PDT | newsinfilm.com | See recent newsinfilm news »
    While answering questions at the Twilight Saga: Eclipse press junket, producer Wyck Godfrey discussed his developing remake of Martyrs, a brutal, bloody French-Canadian horror film written by Pascal Laugier.
    Godfrey told FEARnet, “We’re doing it for an American audience with an American cast” before adding, “I would love for Kristen Stewart to do it.” Without knowing how the question was asked, it’s difficult to know if Godfrey is truly considering Stewart or if he’s open to the possibility.
    Furthermore, is the Twilight star even interested in the remake? If Stewart did grab the lead, this would be her first true horror movie since 2007’s The Messengers and would certainly anger hardcore genre fans already upset about the potential redo.

Laugier’s gruesome film tells the story of a young woman and her friend hunting down the people who abused her as a child in order to enact her revenge. »
    - Jeff Leins

"We’re doing it for an American audience with an American cast"

I was gonna post my own thoughts on this but I'm actually lost for words.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭MudSkipper

hahahahaha *cry* hahahahaha *CRINGE*

sums up my reaction, and I've not even seen the original yet!

/dont let it escape, keep it in america for american audience!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.:mad:
    Cant see it happening though,IMO Martyrs is just too messed up for Hollywood.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,714 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

nedtheshed wrote: »
    Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.:mad:
    Cant see it happening though,IMO Martyrs is just too messed up for Hollywood.
    It'll be a watered down remake, with lots of fake blood and gore, in the same spirit as Hostel.

They should leave the film alone. I loved the original, but I doubt I'll watch this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sambuka41

Ok just wandering by this forum never posted here before but WHAT THE F**K?? That film is so disturbed,can see it now the poor little twilight fans going to see their favorite actress in her new film,all excited!! There will be mass exodus from the cinemas the likes of which hasn't been seen since the days of The Exorcists release!!!!!

Possible the most twisted and demented film I have seen in a long time or maybe ever!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Cue thousands of Twilight fans getting scarred for life.

Wait, are we sure this is a bad thing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

Martyrs was one of the most downright disturbing, scary horror films I've ever watched. The feeling of dread throughout the film was nerveshreading. Hollywood are so short of original ideas when it comes to horror films, that they just look around for foriegn films in order to remake or reimage them. Martyrs was so full on, that any sort of remake would be severally watered down for ammerican audiences. I dread to think what a pile of crap any potential remake would be. Casting the twilight actress in a lead role would just seal it's certainty of being poo.

Advertisement