Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drogheda Lightning

Options
  • 28-06-2010 12:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

As mentioned on other threads, there is a New team starting up in the Drogheda Area, we aim to start pre-season in october, but I shall be holding the first general meeting for the end of August. ANY one interested in finding out more, can send me a PM, or check out the facebook page

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 supersportq

As mentioned on other threads, there is a New team starting up in the Drogheda Area, we aim to start pre-season in october, but I shall be holding the first general meeting for the end of August. ANY one interested in finding out more, can send me a PM, or check out the facebook page
    Do teams get any sponsorship of American multi nationals such as Intel, Hewlett Packard etc ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Lightning55

it is my understanding that each team sources it's own sponsorship, there is I believe a small grant allocated to teams from the Irish Sports council to help with running cost, the the IAFL, but effectively teams should be / self financing, (althougth would love a few sponsors) like the Dublin Rebels have :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Do teams get any sponsorship of American multi nationals such as Intel, Hewlett Packard etc ?

The milti nationals are not very giving when it comes to sponsoring. Smaller business or newly established businesses tend to hand over money better. In recent times though finding Sponsorship has become harder. Most teams would have some sort of small sponsors.

The Rebels showed with hard work and dedication and sticking with it a big sponsor will eventually come along. They are definitely the leagues model team when it comes to doing things the right way.

it is my understanding that each team sources it's own sponsorship, there is I believe a small grant allocated to teams from the Irish Sports council to help with running cost, the the IAFL, but effectively teams should be / self financing, (althougth would love a few sponsors) like the Dublin Rebels have :eek:

Small is the right word :D And this grant I think is only for new teams for development purposes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭TITAN #1

Why not open a new thread on iafs and ask for coaches,referees and players

• Advertisement

I have sent an email request via www.americanfootball.ie as I want to take my coaches qualification this year, as me body aint getting any younger

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭gambitthefirst

hey i'm just wondering if there's enough interest in the town to get a team together. i hope so but i'm curious to hear what you guys say, especailly lighting as he's getting all the replies and would know better than me.

hey i'm just wondering if there's enough interest in the town to get a team together. i hope so but i'm curious to hear what you guys say, especailly lighting as he's getting all the replies and would know better than me.

They are doing quite well with recruiting at the moment.

We have had a very good response to the team starting , from new and experienced players, and even back room staff looking to get involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭hdaniel

gambitthefirst told me of this, very intersting.might see u at that meeting.fan of the sport but never played,see myself as a LB

• Advertisement

hdaniel, if you would like more information about the team you can drop me an email at droghedalightning@yahoo.co.uk

Advertisement