Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Email security regarding automatically forwarding

Options
  • 28-06-2010 10:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭

OK so I’m just throwing this out there because despite being fairly up on this whole computer and interweb thing I only noticed this now this morning and thought others may be affected too. Open your email account and look for settings for email forwarding (I’m a gmail user so I went to settings and then Forwarding and POP/IMAP). Look at the box where you can enter a forwarding address and see if there is an email address you don’t know in there. I had hack-newbie@hotmail.com in mine and don’t know how long it had been there and what emails had been forwarded to this address. I’ve attached a screenshot below to show what I mean. Sorry if I put this in wrong forum but thought afterhours might get more attention. Mods feel free to move.

Oh and please excuse the spray paint only have paint at work and wanted to hide work email!

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Moved from AH.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Email the support team and ask them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

Change your password immediately and scan your PC with whatever AV or anti-spyware program you have, just in case there's a keylogger on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Change your password immediately and scan your PC with whatever AV or anti-spyware program you have, just in case there's a keylogger on there.

aye already scanned, came back clean. i blame internet cafes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

Why not try a different provider? Hotmail were one of the first, had an account myself for years, but there are others who now provide a superior free email product.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Why not try a different provider? Hotmail were one of the first, had an account myself for years, but there are others who now provide a superior free email product.

I have a hotmail and a yahoo account but don't really use either of them. Find gmail useful and use other google products so i like being able to keep everything together. Most of my online accounts had something happen them few weeks ago (Rapidshare and Gmail being 2 of them) so i'd say thats were it happened.

Really liked how gmail helped me out there with reseting everything. I couldn't even get into my account at the time. I'll be keeping a closer eye on these settings now!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Had a warning saying my account was accessed from China this morning.

Advertisement