Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**Match Thread** Tue, June 29nd @ 20:15 in Wes#1- Boardeaux V Templeogue Astros

Options
  • 28-06-2010 9:17am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Massive game and one that could define our season. A win here means the league is in our own hands.

GK

Clay - In

Defenders

Andy - In
    Cathal - In
    Dan - In
    Ed - In
    Keith - In
    Glenn - In
    Graham - In
    Martin - In

Midfield

Cillian - In
    Collie - 50/50
    Conor - In
    Eoin - In
    Gav - 50/50
    Kenny - In

Forwards

Anto - In
    Ciaran - In
    Dave - Work
    Jules - In

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

We're playing Templeogue Astros tonight. Can you edit the title of the thread?
    thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

emc2 wrote: »
    We're playing Templeogue Astros tonight.

It's tomorrow night! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

In.... will know better after tonight if the leg is nearing being fully right.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I'm back for this one after my holidays, well done on the last 2 wins lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

In

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Mall10357

I am in for this

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Yep

Just to say lads, this is great commitment being shown tonight, especially with the Spain/Portugal game on this evening.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Des wrote: »
    Just to say lads, this is great commitment being shown tonight, especially with the Spain/Portugal game on this evening.

Si Senor Des es muy impresionante

Lets hope there's a few spanish/geezers on the astros team!

good to see almost everybody is in.

Lads, somethings come up at work, i have to attend a fucntion at 6 in dublin castle, i wont be over until 9.....

i think i would let the team down if i played out field ayway, nowhere near sharp enough at the moment to be playing in an important game outfield after so long out injured. see ye on friday, ye better win this one, we need to......most important game in a long long time for the team.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Is Dan injured Ed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

Des wrote: »

the game!! I suddenly remembered I have something very important to do tonight and I can't get out of it ...best of luck lads

I kid I kid, see ye later... :D

Is Dan injured Ed?

just texted me, he's in

• Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

16 yes and 2 maybe.

We could just play a game against ourselves? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

If anyone has Gav's number could they ask him if I could maybe get a lift from Citywest tonight?

I can give you a lift back after the game ill be heading that way.

I can give you a lift back after the game ill be heading that way.
    Always a gent

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

You owe these lads a performance - win or otherwise...a lot of things to put right tonight from the first game.

How'd it go guys?

3-1 defeat with 10 men. Pretty close game. A lot of pressure on their goal throughout the second half brought a penalty to make it 3-1.

You'd think looking at the second half, they had the 10 men, not boards. How MDMA thrashed them twice I dunno..they passed the ball very well against 10 men.

• Advertisement

dfx- wrote: »
    3-1 defeat with 10 men. Pretty close game. A lot of pressure on their goal throughout the second half brought a penalty to make it 3-1.

You'd think looking at the second half, they had the 10 men, not boards. How MDMA thrashed them twice I dunno..they passed the ball very well against 10 men.
    Who saw red?

Keith..instinctive handball on the line.

A fcuking stupid thing to do in all honesty, should have just let the thing go in and then played on with 11 men.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

On balance we can't argue with it - the better team won. It was a very disappointing performance by us - I just feel that too often we make the right decisions: too often in our own half our body language suggests that if we decide we aren't going to take control of the ball we don't fully commit to just getting a toe or head to it to clear our lines. That should be the first and foremost priority when under pressure in our own half.

Templeogue are a very good team with plenty of excellent passers, but they adopt a no-nonsense approach in their own half, clear their lines, and then let their passers worry about getting on the ball in the opposition half.

Our decision-making on the ball was also well short of our best - too often we're trying to play a killer pass with the first touch and we just didn't get into our passing ryhtym until late in the game.

But with all that said, you've got to be proud of how well we did push on when we finally started taking the game to them - we certainly didn't look like we were a man down and we had some lovely moves that drew some top notch saves from their keeper. We just need to apply that same level of urgency a bit earlier - as we showed in the 2nd half last night, when we're up for it we still threaten even when not at our best...there's still plenty of points to play for.

bad result, such a shame after last week. this is about the 4th time this season weve followed up a great win, with a terrible result.

it doesnt make sense. sounds like we started this one poorly and what ever changes we made solved the problem, but its puzzling why we are not starting stronger or why we should have to make these changes in the first place.

uphill battle now, if we drop another point we havent a hope. all our remaining games are winnable.

Advertisement