Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finding an online supplier for an Asus P5Q Deluxe

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Ankhwatcher

Well I've decided to go with Marx Computers.
    You can see the finalised spreadsheet here:
    http://bit.ly/doQgcd

Thanks for responding IrishGrimReaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Elara: Kin

Wow, that is a pretty impressive price from Jag and Marx. Are they definately inc vat?

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

wow, funny this I ordered the same board myself yesterday!
    I ended up ordering off overclockers.co.uk, I think the cheapest I found from an Irish retailer was on pixmania.ie.
    The cheapest I found in europe was on hardware versand but I don't like their payment method.

Wow, that is a pretty impressive price from Jag and Marx. Are they definately inc vat?

Marx quoted me €155 including shipping and VAT. I looked up their shipping for completeness.

• Advertisement

Marx quoted me €155 including shipping and VAT. I looked up their shipping for completeness.

Thanks for the confirmation. Last time we could do it around that price was in March, exchange rate has really gone the wrong way recently. :(

Shy_Dave! wrote: »
    wow, funny this I ordered the same board myself yesterday!
    I ended up ordering off overclockers.co.uk, I think the cheapest I found from an Irish retailer was on pixmania.ie.
    The cheapest I found in europe was on hardware versand but I don't like their payment method.

I've had some bad experiences ordering from the UK.
    In fact, I never had any good experiences.

Down to €113 on Elara, think im going to take the plunge. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

cisk wrote: »
    Down to €113 on Elara, think im going to take the plunge. :pac:
    Go for it :) Elara are great!

Go for it :) Elara are great!
    Hah, nice of them to wait until I ordered my board from Marx before dropping the price!
    Oh well, my P5Q Deluxe will get here tomorrow! I can wait! (and will!)

• Advertisement

Hah, nice of them to wait until I ordered my board from Marx before dropping the price!
    Oh well, my P5Q Deluxe will get here tomorrow! I can wait! (and will!)

Sorry about that but prices are controlled by Asus and they only just reduced it for us. :(

Was about to grab it and a Antec nine hundred two, but the antec went out of stock when i was about to purchase.

Kin could you find out when the antec nine hundred two`s will be back in stock?

And for the rest of you guys, im lookin for a new Graphics card to go with the asus, im not a pc gamer but i do use it for a bit of HD (x264, H264, Blueray) playback. Also some video, photo editing/encoding. HDMI output is necesary too, can anyone recomend one that would do me, preferably on Elara so i can buy the lot together? thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,212 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I've had some bad experiences ordering from the UK.
    In fact, I never had any good experiences.

I've bought from Kustom in Scotland, only bought cold cathodes but haven't had a problem and will be shopping there for my next build. Bought a set of cold cathodes for about €20 including postage and one of them broke, I emailed them and they sent me out a free replacement the next week.

Yep i noticed that its back in stock although its jumped by 20 odd euro, which is pushing it a bit out of my budget, i may go for the 1st nine hundred.

Gonna have a look to see if theres much of a improvement between the two.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,212 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

cisk wrote: »
    Yep i noticed that its back in stock although its jumped by 20 odd euro, which is pushing it a bit out of my budget, i may go for the 1st nine hundred.

Gonna have a look to see if theres much of a improvement between the two.

I recommend getting the Nine Hundred Two, better cable management, black interior, front fan controllers and dust filters. I have the Nine Hundred myself and wish the new one would have come out sooner.

DaveyDave wrote: »
    I recommend getting the Nine Hundred Two, better cable management, black interior, front fan controllers and dust filters. I have the Nine Hundred myself and wish the new one would have come out sooner.

Thanks, yep i think your right. Sure the case is one of the longest lasting components on a pc build, so i myaswell pay the extra and get the best option. Will get my monies worth :pac:

Advertisement