Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ladies: spotting on the pill

Options
  • 27-06-2010 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I just started taking Yasminelle, and so far so good. I'm about 2 weeks into it, so my 'period' is well over by now, even though it was extremely light to begin with - only lasted for about 3 days, with that sort of brown, soil-like discharge either side of those days (sorry to any lads reading this for being graphic!).

My question is this: over the past few days, I've had not so much spotting, as just the odd trickle of browny-red discharge. I know it's completely normal to spot during the first month, so that's not bothering me. What is bothering me is knowing how long it's going to go on for! It seems to have pretty much stopped today but could start again tomorrow. I'm seeing my bf later this week (long distance r.ship) and I'm a bit annoyed at the thought of him not being able to do certain things, if you get my drift!

By the way, I'm NOT looking for medical advice, just the experience of girls who may have had the same thing happen to them! Does the spotting eventually stop altogether, or keep returning intermittently until next period? Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Everyone is different - if you are concerned, I would contact a GP.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

yes just wondering .. does any ladies out there know if run two packs together.. does that cause spotting too and for how long.. thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

give it this packet if you are still getting spotting next month go back to your doctor
    when i was first on the pill it was microlite got spotting for the first month then starting getting my periods every two weeks stayed with it for 6 months :eek: i know silly me when prescription ran out when back to the doctor and was put on marviol
    doc said this happens sometimes with mini pill and i needed to be on combined pill everything was sorted out and no problems after that
    please dont leave it as long as i did although everyone is different you do feel that once your on the pill there should be no spotting nothing...just your period for 3/4 days a month otherwise (apart from pregnancy protection) whats the point of being on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

yes just wondering .. does any ladies out there know if run two packs together.. does that cause spotting too and for how long.. thanks

sometimes that happened to me but didnt run pills together all that often logically the blood build up has to go somewhere

Advertisement