Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moylaragh - Balbriggan?

Options
  • 27-06-2010 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

Me and the family are thinking of moving to the Moylaragh area in Balbriggan, can anyone tell me about the area? - Shops, Amenities, Quiet/Rough area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

This link will give you any threads in NCD referring to Moylaragh.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/search.php?searchid=12876492

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭ether

Link isn't working!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

ether wrote: »
    Link isn't working!!

Probably only works for the person who inputs it. Sorry!

OK

Click here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=869

Then click on "Search this forum" at just below the top right hand corner. Type in Moylaragh and hit "Go". That will give you the same results.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭BroFlo

It has a very large rental population.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭AARRRRGH

I like the area. A friend of mine lives there and i visit often. He seems to like it too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭NorthDub

BroFlo wrote: »
    It has a very large rental population.

so do a lot of other estates in balbriggan

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I would definitely rent there but would not buy there.
    It is near the village and Dunnes,there is a lovely open green area,loads of parking.
    There are a lot of young families which makes it fell nice,there are also alot of people commuting to work in Dublin every day.
    If you have kids it is easy get to know other parents there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

ether wrote: »
    Me and the family are thinking of moving to the Moylaragh area in Balbriggan, can anyone tell me about the area? - Shops, Amenities, Quiet/Rough area?
    It's quite a nice area - it's close enough to the town without being in the middle of it. There's plenty of access to commute by Train, Bus or Car. Shops are decent - Super Valu and Dunnes are OK, the Pavillions in Swords is only about 15 mins away and there's a mega Tesco opening later in the year (the one that's in the town at the moment is tiny). There should be a bunch of other shops going into the same Shopping Centre as Tesco also.

The area is quiet enough and there are quite a few young families (kids under 10, etc.) and a good few people who commute to work elsewhere from there. There are a couple of green areas at the Estate and a playground. Four primary schools and two secondary schools all within 5-10 minute walk also.

Overall, I'd recommend it. But it's your choice, try to call out at different times and see what you think of the area yourself.

Advertisement