Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PANIC - i will pay someone to help fix iPhone.

Options
  • 27-06-2010 10:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Does anyone know of an expert I can call and talk to to fix my iPhone?

I got my phone second hand in the states. about 4 months ago. It was an unlocked AT&T 3gs and has been working fine for months.

I was running 3.1.2 and was great for about 3 months. I did not change anything or try anything different. Just yesterday the battery ran out and then it would not boot. Tried all the ways of restoring it like I read on the web.

The phone was unlocked using Cydia.

I have been reading extensively and have done the following:

Downloaded the 3.1.2 firmware
    added new host to the hostfile
    Tried to restore the phone, but the system keeps telling me "not eligible"
    I really need my phone for work. Very important.

I am willing to pay someone to help me - are there any experts out there? I can pay via paypal!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

I'm far from an expert, but when my mate had the same problem doing this
    try resetting it by pressing and hold the Sleep/Wake button (on the top right of the unit) and the Home button (circular button on the iPhone?s face) simultaneously for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

helped. Ultimately though the motherboard in his phone was fecked. Hopefully yours isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭smokie2008

You sure its not "Bricked"? If it is then its useless as far as I know

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

If you're in Dublin, I'll help for free :) Need a hands on tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 johnsmith1974

tried resetting the phone with the sleep/wake function many, many times already. No good.

No, phone is not "bricked" because I did not try to update it with the latest software.

I'm based in Galway - can anyone help over the phone?

WIll be over to Dublin this week at some stage, but would prefer to get this done today.....

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭knuth

Does the phone charge? Have you connected it to your computer / iTunes?

Since it's 3.12, was it unlocked by blackra1n? Have you turned the phone off before? Does ANYTHING come up on the phone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭yawnstretch

Might someone else have tried to update it?

Advertisement