Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mediums?

Options
  • 27-06-2010 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

i will probably get shot for asking this, but i am curious if anyone who lost some one ever used a medium or clairvoyant to help them get over their loss?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭kilsmum

Not so much to get over my loss but to find out how the person was on the other side - didnt find out anything life altering - very vague stuff - never bothered after that:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

I'm sure this subject depends on your view of the supernatural.
    Personally I can't even begin to express my contempt for these people, I have not been tempted in the slightest.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Mmm, I lost my Mum a few years ago, suddenly and tragically. I definitely thought of going to see a medium, but decided against it. I just thought, you know, let my Mum rest in peace, that's if the medium does actually contact the dead.
    You might hear something you might not want to hear, they might say something that really upsets you and sets you back ten steps, you might hear something that will really hurt you and you'll never be able to forget.
    Sorry, I'm focussing on the negative here, I'm sure there are some people who get something out of it, but personally I don't think it's worth the risk.

Sorry for your loss by the way.
    xxx

I dont believe in fortune tellers never went to one - I dont believe in that stuff - I lost my mother at 31 ( my age not my Mums) and my heart was broken - I was hoping I could find out if my Mum was happy - thats all

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭dollydimples82

i know its against all religiuos beliefs but i dont see the harm if people get some relief from it, i spoke to a lady over the phone, and she was able to tell me stuff about my brother but the most important bit for me was she told me he was happy now.
    whether it was bull or the truth i got a sense of relief, because after all the suffering i wanted to know he was happy.

• Advertisement

Thats good that you got closure - Im very much a doubting Thomas I must have absolute proof - The medium didnt tell me anything that gave me any comfort - I was in a lot of pain and needed to believe in something - It just might depend on the individual:)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

You should check out the Psychics and Mediums forum here on Boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

It doesn't go against my religious beliefs only those who are Judaic.

I would say that it is never a good idea the first year after a loss and not if a person is still bereft. Also you have to be careful to go to someone who does know what they are at and who are ethical, best way to do that is to get a referral from someone you know and do some research there is a subforum for this in the paranormal forum which you can find here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

I went to see one who I had been told was brilliant!

I went in not believing and by jesus I believed coming out! He told me way too much about John not to believe.

I went to another earlier this year and got nothing from her at all!

I suppose it all depends on the person you go to! I went in expecting to hear nothing but I know of people that go in wanting to talk to the person and come out upset that they couldn't!

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭dollydimples82

I went to see one who I had been told was brilliant!

I went in not believing and by jesus I believed coming out! He told me way too much about John not to believe.

I went to another earlier this year and got nothing from her at all!

I suppose it all depends on the person you go to! I went in expecting to hear nothing but I know of people that go in wanting to talk to the person and come out upset that they couldn't!

i agree, i wasn't really expecting anything from it either. I never mentioned that my brother had died it was the reader and she said she had someone with her who had died and was very sick before hand. She was able to tell me stuff only family knew. It gave me some relief when she told me that my brother wanted me to be happy. Whether he did or didnt say this i didnt care it was what i wanted to hear.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

These people make money in an immoral way, preying on people at their most vulnerable.

its all vague nonsense that could apply to anyone, i don't think it should be condoned in this forum.

Better going to a bereavement consellor..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

the_monkey wrote: »

I tried! Didn't get anywhere with it!

I did wait a year until I went to the medium and it was just by chance my friend begged me to go with her!

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭messymess

the_monkey wrote: »
    These people make money in an immoral way, preying on people at their most vulnerable.

its all vague nonsense that could apply to anyone, i don't think it should be condoned in this forum.

I can see where you're coming from. Scientist after scientist and test after test have proved these individuals to be frauds, whether they (themselfs) are aware of it or not. Tesla and more recently that well known skeptic James Randi are two that immediately spring to mind.

I read a book (and there's a few of them) on the techniques that 'cold readers' use to make you believe that they have 'super natural powers' and one of the quotes from the book that caught my attention was "a reading gives the subject just what they need".

It's completely true, if you believe in it or not, if it helps you, then why not.

<queue different strokes music>

:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement