Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

website displays not supported

Options
  • 27-06-2010 9:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭

new to i-phone , trying to gain access to a website but am being told the device im using is not supported to allow access to certain parts of the site. any ideas ?
    a result would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭jamesd

Maybe that section of the website uses flash which is not supported on an iphone/ipad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Alex M

how can i get around this

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Unfortunately if it's flash-based there's not much you can do.

However, a bigger problem is that a number of badly written sites have an unnecessary check for the browser. The major one here is eFlow, who will not accept anything other than IE or Firefox on Mac or PC. However, if you fool the site into thinking it's IE, it works fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

Alex M wrote: »
    how can i get around this

App called Cloud Browse lets you view flash.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,986 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

App called Cloud Browse lets you view flash.

Basically Cloud Browse runs Firefox on a remote server, and lets you VPN into it to see the browser. A handy solution if you're really stuck , but speed and security will be issues.

I have to laugh at this line from the description:

"Worried about privacy or security? Cloud Browse runs the browser on a separate machine and not on your iPhone, so no need to worry about websites grabbing your private information or hacking into your phone."

...um, yeah, but you do need to worry about entering any passwords or viewing any sensitive information on it, becasue they'll all be available to anyone with access to the remote machine.

(Also, it's only available from the US store, but that's a minor detail as it's free, and so can be got with an easy to set up US account)

• Advertisement
Advertisement