Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hate my job

Options
  • 27-06-2010 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

As the title says i hate my job,Im currently working on a production line in a factory standing in the same spot 8 hours a day sticking labels on boxes,there is no challenge motivation ,or even a goddamn radio to listen to.Everybody i work with hates the place and all want to leave,everybody seems to bitch about everybody else,the place is full of small little cliques where everybody hates everybody, Its the worst place i have ever worked in and the atmosphere in the place is absolutely chronic,I would have gone long ago if it wasn't for this fcking recession.

The supervisor is a slime ball who smiles to your face but would stab you in the back in a second, its something Ive seen first hand!! People are afraid to speak up because when the do they are hounded for weeks afterwards for every small mistake they do.There is forced overtime and when you say no your are hounded constantly until you say yes,i am fully sure this is a form of bullying!!People have come out from different departments to work with us and have gone back in as quick as they could,as they couldn't believe how bad the place was,HR know whats going on but they will not rock the boat.

I have been doing the same job for the past 2 years and when i started i was told i would get trained in all aspects of the business but since we seem to always be busy that hasn't happenedThere is not one good thing that i can say about the place not one.Im there 2 years now but the last few weeks im noticing that im feeling sad and low even when im out of work and i seem to take all of my frustration out on my friends.

Im seriously thinking of handling in my notice because im seriously thinking that im starting to crack up!!Any help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Why don't you send out your CV to every and any suitable/relevant job you see advertised and see what comes of it? That way you will stay employed which is better for the old bank balance and the CV but you know it's finite which may make work a little easier...

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

You should quit if at all possible. I know the reality for many is different but live your life while you can. Don't waste it in some ****-hole job you loath. If you can save enough money to get you by for a while or even try to get a part-time job somewhere until you get something you're happy with. Even if you need to stay with family or friends for a while do it.

I work in a ****ty job that I had through college, it doesn't sound as bad as yours mind, its a year since I've graduated & since then I've saved like a man possessed and have 3 weeks left before I leave. I'm off to Canada in August, I've always wanted to go back there since I was there a few years back.

Do what makes you happy as much as possible and, no offence, but like me I'm sure you're not on the greatest wages known to man so is it really worth it? Best of luck ;)

PS: I just discovered Alan Watts recently, have a listen to this, i think it might help... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82OpDZ9tAho

Advertisement