Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't take it anymore

Options
  • 27-06-2010 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

As the title suggests I'm at the end of my string and can't see the light at the end of the tunnel.

The woman I love has no interest in me and is now with somebody else. I have lots of good friends but I am so lonely - all I want is for someone to reciprocate my feelings.

I am the kind of person who never gives up on anything, never gives in. I thought that by improving myself (physically) this woman would like me but now I doubt even that would help. I've been trying to get over her, I've spent the last 3 days crying and getting drunk on my own - I NEVER do stuff like that.

I am constantly reminded about her by seeing her with this person, hearing about them etc.

I've contemplated suicide - I know I wouldn't take action on it, but I also know it can't be a good thing that I keep contemplating it.

Should I give up on this woman? By giving up on her, am I not admitting that I never loved her in the first place? I just can't take it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

By giving up on her, am I not admitting that I never loved her in the first place?

No, that's not what you're admitting. You loved her and that will never change. What you will be admitting is that she doesn't love you. By admitting this, perhaps then you can deal with your feelings for her and move on - opening yourself up to new relationships.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

If you're going to make any improvements make them for yourself, not her. I'd imagine there are a few ways you could possibly not see her so much with the new OH, and you probably don't want to cut her out, but I think it may be helpful for you in the long term. If your friends talk about her, ask them not to when you're around. Avoid being in the same places as her for a while.

You should try to immerse yourself in the things you're interested in, meet up with your friends, and continue to be social. When you feel like the rest of your life means something to you you will start to not feel as bad as you do now. But it is an effort. You can isolate yourself if you want, but it won't help. You just have to keep dragging yourself through it all for a little time and you'll come out the other side feeling better. Be glad you have friends, and make the most of it!

Advertisement