Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silvercrest SL80/2 100CI: Has anyone managed to transfer recordings to a PC?

Options
  • 27-06-2010 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I am trying to save hard drive recordings to a PC or USB storage device and cannot get either to recognise the player. Advice would be very welcome on how to do this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 mike0001

Hi,

I've managed to transfer recording to my pc, and play without any problems.
    I just plugged a mini usb cable into the front of the silvercrest, waited
    for my pc to recognize the drive, then copied the file to my local C:\.
    The problem you have is probably the media player you are trying to use, or it doesn't have the required codec to play the file.
    Try using a vlc player : suggest http://www.videolan.org/

What I haven't been able to do it, go the other way. I would like to copy
    video files TO my silvercrest sl80, and play them on my tv from there.

If anyone had successfully done this, please post the details.
    I can't even get a list of supported video formats from SilverCrest support, never mind how to format the deployment file so the player will recognize the new file.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 8 kenmason

Firstly, I don't have a Silvercrest box, I have a Comag, but when I tried to play with saved files I hit similar problems. I found a solution which may or may not work for you. Try downloading TS Doctor and see how you go.

Advertisement