Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My little problem!

Options
  • 26-06-2010 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Cathy Davey sums up my 'issue' in one line...
    "Oh I don't know, how you're supposed to relay the complicated message of desire"

I though I had crossed this bridge but reality struck last night/today when I didn't do anything when presented with an opportunity. My problem seems to be that I am lacking the confidence to approach women I find attractive. I was fairly shy during my school years but during my college years I lost many of my inhibitions. In general I'm a very confident outspoken person but, as a friend pointed out to me once, I can also be quite introverted from time to time. I have no problem with this analysis as I think there needs to be a healthy balance.

I was a bit of a late bloomer as far as relationships and sexual experiences are concerned but I have been in two relationships of note. Both of which stemmed from college and both of which were with girls I knew through friends in college for a short time before anything happened. I tend to get caught up with in the 'friend' category with many female friends when I would prefer otherwise. I was however, confident that I was over all of this after a date recently.

Anyway, enough with the back story. Last night I was out at a gig and a girl a few rows ahead of me caught my eye. We made good eye contact a few times and I, from my futile knowledge of the female species, gauged that the attraction was not all one sided. She was with two guys and I was with a friend of mine who happened to be a girl. It didn't appear that either of the guys were anything more than friends from what I could gather. The gig ended and I went off not thinking much more of it. This morning before heading off home I randomly bumped into the same girl and two guys and ended up sat across from them. I managed to say two or three words to them just to ask them to pass me something but that was it. I'd like to think that if it were just the girl I would have done more but I'm not all that sure that I would have. I just get over this first hurdle I am generally fine from there on and have little confidence problems.

I guess I'm just looking for some general advice for boosting my confidence I these types of situations and some basic tips about how they may be approached. I'd be especially interested in hearing female opinions but of course all takers are welcome. Thanks

Advertisement