Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tips/advise in regard to hitting 65

Options
  • 26-06-2010 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

My dad will be 65 mid August and has five kids over 18 years and wife deceased.

Last week I asked one of my sisters if they plan to do anything for dad to mark 65. It does not look like any of brothers or sisters are pushed about doing anything to mark the date. It a ok father

I wondering do famlies celebrate turning 65 or do people turning 65 dread the age?

I was thinking about getting the whole family together for Dinner in a resturant on a Sat night which would be fine but them We have issue of who pays for it. I have always paid my own way/share(when i meet dad for lunch myself) but others in family would expect dad to pay fo dinner as he normal does when he takes other family members out and grandkids. If i suggest everyone puts in a certain amount, i dont think it will go down well as two have kids while 3 dont and certainlty one of them with kids would not even cross her mind about chipping in. What would you do about finance element of it? I guess we could be talking say €300 for night

Its extremely rare now that we are all around same table, so at least it could be a good memory for him in years to come

thanks for any advise

Advertisement