Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Large bottles of Smithwicks in Dublin

Options
  • 26-06-2010 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Does anyone know where one can purchase a large bottle of Smithwicks in our capital?

I have tried many times to purchase same in Dub without success and always have to resort to draught, which is of inconsistent quality.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Does anyone know where one can purchase a large bottle of Smithwicks in our capital?

I have tried many times to purchase same in Dub without success and always have to resort to draught, which is of inconsistent quality.

Hi, I would go for O'Hara's red rale, a much tastier Irish red.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Lots of places do Macardles but I've never seen Smithwick's in Dublin. Shame: it's quite nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 lionelmessy

are mcardles / o'haras widely available?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Technocentral

are mcardles / o'haras widely available?

o' haras is in superquinn and some tescos and spars

• Registered Users Posts: 15 lionelmessy

Thanks folks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Merod8

if your looking for a pub that sells it, The Bayno on francis street sells it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Merod8

The Bayno Bar on Francis Street sells lovely cold large bottles of Smithwicks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

BeerNut wrote: »
    Lots of places do Macardles but I've never seen Smithwick's in Dublin. Shame: it's quite nice.

I think Redmond's in Ranalagh carry pint bottles of Smithwick's; certainly I have seen them in some Offie in this general area.

Hamndegger wrote: »
    I think Redmond's in Ranalagh carry pint bottles of Smithwick's; certainly I have seen them in some Offie in this general area.
    Sorry, I meant on-trade (and assumed the OP did too). With an off-licence selection to pick from there are much better options than Smithwick's.

Sorry, I meant on-trade (and assumed the OP did too). With an off-licence selection to pick from there are much better options than Smithwick's.

I noticed that only now!!! :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭BenShermin

The last time I was in the Thomas House they served it, lovely old green labeling.

Smithwicks have destroyed themselves with their hip new livery in my opinion. Very few 18 year olds want to drink "an old man's drink" whatever the label, the new label has just alienated their loyal mature drink base.

BenShermin wrote: »
    Smithwicks have destroyed themselves with their hip new livery in my opinion.
    I was convinced the whole brand was for the chop as for ages it was the only one of the Diageo stable to still have the old 1990s oval shaped font badge while all the others had big garish illuminated fonts. I was kinda relieved to see they have decided to invest in it after all, even though Smithwick's has a very negative effect on the whole notion of "ale" in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 valueireland

Can the people who've seen Macardles on sale in Dublin please let me know where they've seen it?

Would love to find places around the city if possible.

Many thanks.

The Bull & Castle, Mulligan's of Poolbeg Street, The Kestrel in Walkinstown, Brady's in Terenure, Slattery's in Rathmines.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Can the people who've seen Macardles on sale in Dublin please let me know where they've seen it?

Stags head too

The Bull & Castle, Mulligan's of Poolbeg Street, The Kestrel in Walkinstown, Brady's in Terenure, Slattery's in Rathmines.

The Two Sisters in Terenure and the Halfway House in Drimnagh have in on tap and bottle while the Black Forge (Bentley) and the Lady Eleanora stock bottles of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭BenShermin

Feck The Kestrel go across the roundabout to the Cherrytree for a bottle of Macardles instead;).

I've never been in either. I've just heard they have it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭bamboozling

BenShermin wrote: »
    Smithwicks have destroyed themselves with their hip new livery in my opinion. Very few 18 year olds want to drink "an old man's drink" whatever the label, the new label has just alienated their loyal mature drink base.

Would you believe I'm 18 and I' a drinker of Smithwicks, if I'm ever just going for a few pints I'll always have Smithwicks. I've even got quite a few of my friends hooked on Smithwicks. It's much better than any of the Budweiser or Miller piss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 valueireland

Cheers BeerNut, many thanks for that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Harry Byrne's on The Howth Road.

The Goblet.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Many thanks.

Frank Ryans of Queen Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 seanritchie73

Hi they sell large bottles of smithwicks in the spar shop in Rathcoole co dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 13,739 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Many thanks.

Clongriffin carry Out Off Licence has the following "lesser spotted" items:

Smithwicks in Pint Bottles
    Mac Ardles in Pint Bottles
    Okocim Mocne in cans

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

Advertisement