Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cigarete lighter not working

Options
  • 26-06-2010 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

Lads,
    I am sailing tomorrow and have just realised that neither lighter in cab is working. This leaves me without sat nav,
    All other electrics are fine. My owners manual is in german so can't refer.
    Its an 08 ducato. My 1 year old managed to get into cab and put coins in the reciever for the lighter!?!
    This wouldn't damage them, Would it?
    Once again all help appreciated.
    Had it serviced by fiad last week but my luck to discover problem on a sat eve and leaving tomorrow:confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Find your fuse board.

It is either under the bonnet or there is probably one in the glove box. Look for two sliding pins in the roof of the glove box and when you slide these across the fuse board drops down.

Find the one that is blown and replace. You can simply pull them out and push the new one in.

Fiat Cigarette lighter fuses are nomally 15A fuses.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭here2surf

Did that and found blown fuse.
    I'll pick up replacement on the road tommorrow.
    Thanks for the help.
    H.
    BTW, fuse box is between steering column and drivers door on LHD ducato.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Find out WHY the fuse blew. Could be shorting somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭here2surf

A mate, electrician called in. Explained that the coins in the socket caused the short.
    Keep your kids out of the cab!!!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭OuterBombie

Hilarious,

Exact same thing happened to me this weekend, and I just browsed here to post up about it!

My 14 month old son decided to stick some keys into the cig lighter socket!

Don't ask why he was crawling round the cab with keys (letting out steam after stopping to take a break on the way back from the Kingdom!).

Nice one, will check the fuses later...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

on a Ducato from '85 to '-02 , the Fuses are in the Glovebox . From '02- to late 06 there are 2 fuse boxes , one either side , behind screw on covers . and from late 06 (new shape) , it's just one , on the drivers side , whether LHD or RHD.

Advertisement