Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Iphone

Options
  • 26-06-2010 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of picking up an Iphone while I'm in the states.

I have 2 simple questions, Iphone 4 or 3Gs and how do I go about unlocking it over in Ireland if AT&T will not unlock it before I leave.

I have also been told I loose functionality on the phone once it is unlocked, now I cant see who this would be true but I thought I'd ask. Is there anything else I should be mindful of.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

It has been asked loads of times previously, but may have changed, so your best bet is to check AT&T and Apple's website. It used to be teh case that you took out a contract, had a Social Security number and US address before they would sell you one, and AT&T certainly won't unlock it. Also, any problems with it will mean returning it to the US for service.

Advertisement