Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opt-out of new iAds data collection

Options
  • 26-06-2010 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭

If you install iOS4, you agree to the new iAds terms and conditions automatically. These allow Apple to collect data about you interests so they can serve ads specifically targeted to you.

If you want to opt-out of this, you need to visit https://oo.apple.com/ on all your devices running iOS4.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Nice find OP, thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

When I enter that link it's telling me my device isn't running ios4...

Weird...

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭pogsick

thanks op :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

iAds are going to be there regardless. So I would rather have ads that might have some interest to me than no interest at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭pogsick

mad muffin wrote: »
    iAds are going to be there regardless. So I would rather have ads that might have some interest to me than no interest at all.

However not every1 shares your enthusiasm for they info being collected for adverts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

pogsick wrote: »
    However not every1 shares your enthusiasm for they info being collected for adverts

I have nothing to hide, I couldn't care less.

Advertisement