Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

feel the blackclouds rolling in

Options
  • 26-06-2010 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

hi all, in the past i have suffered from depression, i have been on anti-depressents for a while also but never wanted to stay on them for long. i can tell when im starting to feel 'down' i know when the blackness is coming and usually i can try to fend it off.
    i feel really bad at the moment, not only 'down' but also very stupid for letting myself get like this. i recently broke up with someone i was madly in love with, im trying to do all the things i should, keep busy, find new things to do etc. however im starting to feel like not getting up out of bed, even though im not sleeping.

i know its natural to be upset about a break up but i can feel the bad times coming, i dont want this. i dont want to be put on tablets just because i broke up with someone, its pathetic, which is exactly how i feel. my life is good, i have a job, house etc dont want to go crying to friends because its pathetic. they would soon get sick of me im sure when i cant pull myself together, most people wouldnt realise ive suffered depression ever.

not sure what to do, need to pull myself together, cant go on bursting into tears at nothing! i have to work!

has anybody ever tried hypnosis? am wondering if it could help me. really dont want to go the medication route again, makes me feel pathetic and withdrawl was always terrible.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi op, I know how you feel but never tried hypnosis, i was prescribed tablets once but found they made me feel worse. Not physical but mentally, I hated taking what i called my happy pills. Obviously this was bull as it was all in my head.

I struggled bad about 3/4 years ago, stayed in, cried myself to sleep, hated living, tried an overdoes, etc. it was a really bad time in my life, my brother died, i was having an affair with a married man and his wife found out. He then got his wife pregnant and this nearly killed me. I knew it was wrong to be involved with him and knew i was a bitch. Anyway it all became too much and i struggled but i kept going and eventually it will get better. I sorted myself basically by talking to myself!! sounds daff i know but by telling myself it was wrong that i could do anything and saying i was strong and most of all believing i could do it and it would feel better. I got rid of my depression this way and got rid of him too!! Believing in yourself and talking to yourself like you would with a councillor might help you. Dont keep in inside even talking to yourself is better! you can do it and even though at times i feel down i am not happier than i ever was and i am single for 3/4 years! i can get a little lonely but distraction is brilliant!! Keep your chin up you will get there

Advertisement