Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this real

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I doubt it. However the quality of the video is so bad that I can barely even make out these apparent 'morphs'. Basically, as far as I can tell, if she's developed scaley skin then so has the wall behind her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

If that video isn't a piss take/parody it is one of the stupidest things I've ever seen.

The "scales" "cat's eyes" and "horns" that we are told magically appear on the woman for a few frames are video artifacts, a result of the ridiculously low bit rate the video was captured at (probably from a camera phone). The authors of this piece simply dismiss that as saying video artifacts can appear as scales. Yes actually they can. I hate paranormal video that tell me that the most logical and rational explanation can't have happened for some bs reason. They need to read up on video compression. Basically in a low bit rate video like this only one in ever 3 or 5 frames is actually recorded and the other frames are extrapolated from these key frames. In frames with movement and with low data in the key frames the "guess" the computer makes as to what the next frame is can be quite bad, which leads to distorted shapes and colours.

And the "monster" that appears behind her half way through is the bag of crisps she and the guy were trying to open in that very sequence. They call it a monster and then a few seconds later realize it is the bag (is this the second edit of this video) and that is was being used to "distract" them from the girl. Yes I'm sure this lizard woman is trying to distract you guys. Morons.

Right, where is my $25,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Pot Noodle =

Send it in then we can share it if you want :D

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Kxiii

Thats ten minutes of my life i won't get back:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭StereoLove

I very serously doubt it is real. How could you tell? The quality is so bad??

• Advertisement

How can the bag be that big to cause a shadow that looks like a monster

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

its not really possible to debunk a video though really, is it. For a start the quality is terrible, and secondly its quite easy to edit a video file, stick on some effects and then render it at a crap enough quality to hide any obvious editing.

But why offer 25k to debunk it

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭munsterdevil

FFS:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

FFS:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Pot wrote:
    But why offer 25k to debunk it

The publicity. How can you debunk it without prove it was edited? Look around you - theres tons of similar and fake paranormal videos. They can all look 'real'. If i was to accept that video as real then I'd have to believe everything hollywood produces.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Ugly chick gets put up on youtube as "Lizard Woman", thats going to ruin the dating scene for her anyway.

id say hairy pits as well

Pot wrote:
    How can the bag be that big to cause a shadow that looks like a monster
    It's been moved closer to the camera = it looks bigger

kylith wrote: »
    It's been moved closer to the camera = it looks bigger

It looks 6ft tall with horns on it

Pot wrote:
    It looks like a fuzzy blob that you could imagine looks 6' tall with horns. I first thought it looked like the Emporer Zurg from Toy Story.

It's the crisp bag. The white bits are the silver interior of the bag. It looks massive because it's so close to the camera, and it looks person shaped because the quality of the video is so poor that your brain desperately tries to figure out something to file it under (Pareidolia)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Pot wrote:

It looks like the bag she was waiving in front of the camera 2 frame before.

This is like the opposite of the Father Ted skit "small .... far a way" :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

Ug thats just the end result of changes in lighting on a sh1t camera, same effect can also be gotten (or amplified) by using crap software to change resolution and contrast.

Take out your camera phone (or dig out an old one if you have some snazzy modren yoke), point it at a dark area of the room, turn it to face a light source. You will see that for 2 or 3 seconds the image will appear as that footage does, and that objects start to "morph" as they do on this. The video debunks this theory by saying that objects in the background do not change as the women does. this is as the woman moves independent of the camera, constantly changing the points where light hits her skin, inanimate objects obviously don't.

Obviously the footage cannot be exactly replicated, to say they did not manage to make anyone look like an alien/reptile does not mean it could not be done, I know I've taken "cat-eye" pictures messing around years ago, its just a case of playing with the contrast.

Oh and that orb in the background is a bloody fly!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Ug thats just the end result of changes in lighting on a sh1t camera, same effect can also be gotten (or amplified) by using crap software to change resolution and contrast.

Take out your camera phone (or dig out an old one if you have some snazzy modren yoke), point it at a dark area of the room, turn it to face a light source. You will see that for 2 or 3 seconds the image will appear as that footage does, and that objects start to "morph" as they do on this. The video debunks this theory by saying that objects in the background do not change as the women does. this is as the woman moves independent of the camera, constantly changing the points where light hits her skin, inanimate objects obviously don't.

Obviously the footage cannot be exactly replicated, to say they did not manage to make anyone look like an alien/reptile does not mean it could not be done, I know I've taken "cat-eye" pictures messing around years ago, its just a case of playing with the contrast.

Oh and that orb in the background is a bloody fly!!!

No i dont believe you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭Trashbat

I read the tread before watching the video, and I just saw the "monster" and laughed my ass off in the middly of my office. Absolute nonsense.

If I make a video of a bag of tayto's on a cheap old nokia phone, will i get 25 grand?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

It looks very much like motion blur with a old camera.

Advertisement