Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I only have an interest in tennis at wimbledon

Options
  • 25-06-2010 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭

I can only seem to get an interest for tennis when wimbledon is on. all year round i can never follow or let alone watch it, but when its on, all i want to do is play. my birthday is shortly after wimbledon too, and i start thinking about getting a racket. when it ends, though, i never buy the racket and wait till next year and the whole thing starts again! who else is like this?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

So you're one of 'those' guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Rob2D wrote: »
    Yeah, one of 'those' alright :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Bleedin Delish

in fairness its never really on terestrial tv unless Wimbledon is on so unless you actually follow it and pay for Sky Sports etc. you dont get much of a chance to see it

• Registered Users Posts: 30 badgerpm

Rob2D wrote: »
    fjsanchez wrote: »
    Yeah, one of 'those' alright :D

Hahaha.....I laughed..:D

in fairness its never really on terestrial tv unless Wimbledon is on so unless you actually follow it and pay for Sky Sports etc. you dont get much of a chance to see it

still...i think if i watched all the events i still couldn't get into it. i watch most of the grand slam events anyways, but only wimbledon gets me going :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

For me it's always been part of my summer since I was a kid. So there's a nostalgia aspect to Wimbledon.

For me it's always been part of my summer since I was a kid. So there's a nostalgia aspect to Wimbledon.

thats a good point which could be one of my problems..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

fjsanchez wrote: »
    thats a good point which could be one of my problems..

Is it a problem, though? Do you want to be more interested in other tournaments? If so...watch them if you're able to. If not, that's fine too. No-one said you had to be a hardcore fan to watch Wimbledon ;)

Is it a problem, though? Do you want to be more interested in other tournaments? If so...watch them if you're able to. If not, that's fine too. No-one said you had to be a hardcore fan to watch Wimbledon ;)

Fair enough :D i more want to play than anything though. maybe joining a club would be good for motivation?

Advertisement