Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

girls advice needed on pressie

Options
  • 25-06-2010 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Ok so the girlfriend is home in two weeks from a six week holiday.
    Its wierd because I have missed her so much even though we arent together that long, she did keep in contact alot though,she rang a few times, couple of texts and was talking to her on Facebook two, three times a week. A good sign I think, well I hope, hope it shows that there is strength in the relationship. Im mad about her, and really want this to work out in the long run, she is 20, im 23.

So any way, apologies for the ramble, I want to do something for her or get something that will really blow her away when she comes home. I'm at a complete loss, its her birthday this week too so need to come up with a pressie for when she comes back. Im at a loss, we are only together since feb, but spent alot of time together in this time.

So any opinions welcome.Thanks guys and gals.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,645 ✭✭✭Milly33

mmm you shall have to start with a few hints what kind of things does she like...What part of the Isle are you living too (not being noosy but if you were to take her somewhere)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

from cork.

Ehm she is a reall girls girl, loves shopping, not that big into jewelery, very subtle style with it.

I have a few small things put together, some sentimental stuffs, and i will bring her out for a nice meal to her favourite restaraunt, as she isnt from cork and wont be expecting it.

but i need to decide on a main present, but at a loss. She needs a new hair straightener, but i know nothing about them, after that im at a loss!

my budget is in and around the 70- 100 mark for the present! so any ideas welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,645 ✭✭✭Milly33

I dont know that much about the hair straigtners as i do not use them but GHD is all the rage, my friend has one and swear by them. Could pick her up one of them, they also have these little mini ones now I think Debanams had them upstairs in Mahon point. They fit into your handbag so you can use them on the go...Could try get two tickets to go see Mama Mia in the Marquee (thats if she liked the movie if not I wouldnt)..

What else, while the weather is nice you coudl try book one of the boat tours that bring you out to see the dolphins, normally about €50 (they have vouchers in Whatz on leaflets for money off) great trips and I heard that there may be whales around too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

Im not very big into jewllery either but my boyfriend got me a Thomas Sabo charm bracelet and I love it, he has got me a few charms since to mark various events/occassions. I think it looks really pretty with just a few charms. Its a really thoughful gift in my opinion. Just a suggestion.

Nice to hear you are putting so much thought into it though :)

Advertisement