Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What fuel is best to burn in Stanley Stove

Options
  • 25-06-2010 3:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I am not sure if I am posting in the correct forum, I have recently moved into a home (rental) which has the Stanley boiler shown in the link below.

http://www.waterfordstanley.com/Products/1104.htm

I just wanted to know what is the best item to burn in these stoves to get the best heat etc..

I have been burning turf but find I would need to buy a whole trailer load to last for the winter!

Any ideas/suggestions would be appreciated,

Thanks,

JJ
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 dennigerz

Turf is as good as you will get for it i think. You can burn timber also. But turf is all i ever burn in it. I suppose it's easy to burn turf the whole time when you have your own bog though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Ecobrite for real heat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭john-joe

any idea how much it is?

also where to purchase?

i am living in Athlone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

sound....the cheapest place i have found it is in connaught gold out on the moydrum road.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭John mac

7.50 a 20 kg bag, was the quote i got yesterday, that was for 50 bags.

ecobright is the best. 1 bag would last 5 days (that was through the coldest of the winter)

• Advertisement
Advertisement