Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anybody noticed this since updating to 4.0

Options
  • 25-06-2010 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,897 ✭✭✭✭

Ever since I've updated to 4.0 I've discovered something that is really annoying.

When zoomed in on a webpage, try to move around. When you put your thumb/finger on the screen and run it down (ie scrolling down the screen) you can't change the direction of the scroll. If you are scrolling vertically, you can't change to a diagonal scroll without lifting your thumb/finger and re-engaging the screen. Its far less fluid and much more straight laced, which for me is the worst thing since I updated.

Is it just me that noticed that?

Is there anything else since updating that has really annoyed you?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Narcissus

I had that before updating to 4.0

• Registered Users Posts: 28,897 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Apapaia wrote: »
    I had that before updating to 4.0
    I was always able to change direction mid scroll. This new way does my head in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Now that you mention it. It used to be sticky, it would stick to the vertical or horizontal unless you made a significant movement on the other axis. Now it's locked in to one axis. It's not something I'm fussed about tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭dazedandlost

Quazzie wrote: »
    Ever since I've updated to 4.0 I've discovered something that is really annoying.

When zoomed in on a webpage, try to move around. When you put your thumb/finger on the screen and run it down (ie scrolling down the screen) you can't change the direction of the scroll. If you are scrolling vertically, you can't change to a diagonal scroll without lifting your thumb/finger and re-engaging the screen. Its far less fluid and much more straight laced, which for me is the worst thing since I updated.

Is it just me that noticed that?

Is there anything else since updating that has really annoyed you?

I don't have that problem, I can change scroll direction, when in zoom, no probs...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

I think I know what you mean. But you can change direction by lifting your finger then changing the direction.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

It always worked this way, but it seems they may have adjusted it slightly. Personally, I think it's a good feature.

Anyway, if you begin with a diagonal movement, you can move around freely without having to lift your finger.

Advertisement