Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much do you drink?

Options
  • 25-06-2010 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I was having a chat with some friends last night, and we were touching the topic of "heavy drinking". Some argued that, with this recession and tax increases, drinking becomes more and more a luxury, while others said that there's still a huge percentage of people who are heavy drinkers (I know a few who get knackered every week, even twice a week). So I got curious, and I'd like to see who's closer to the truth. So, here's my question: what type of drinker are you?

What type of drinker are you? 18 votes

I don't drink
    0% 0 votes
    Light drinker (glass of wine in a meal, some light drinks)
    5% 1 vote
    Moderate drinker (mainly social drinking, with some infrequent excess)
    22% 4 votes
    "Heavyweight" drinker (i.e. getting drunk quite often)
    72% 13 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

Don't really agree with the poll options. You seem to be measuring heavy drinking by "drunkeness".

I am a heavy drinker but do not get drunk often. I would drink every day but do not get drunk everyday - in fact I wouldn't be drunk every week. Heavy drinking is not just measured on how often you are drunk - it is how often/how much you drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

^^^yes, the poll is quite vague, remember that authority a year or so ago defined 4 drinks in a row as binge drinking. So one persons idea of "get drunk often" may be different from another.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

Well in all honest what else is there to do in Ireland except drink and hate the french

Advertisement