Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

MINI ONE Fan problem. Help please

Options
  • 25-06-2010 10:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭

My wife's mini one has a bit of an issue. It seems to be over heating and the fan will keep running after the car has been turned off. Anybody know what the problem could be? It's a 2006 model.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭langdang

How`s the coolant level? (not sure if the thermostat is a weak point on that year/model?)
    Is the needle going up higher than it should or is it just the fan running on that`s worrying you? Is it the engine/radiator fan? I think there is also a fan for the power steering pump as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,147 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Drop Paint Doctor a PM, he used to sell MINIs so is pretty savy with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭znv6i3h7kqf9ys

langdang wrote: »
    How`s the coolant level? (not sure if the thermostat is a weak point on that year/model?)
    Is the needle going up higher than it should or is it just the fan running on that`s worrying you? Is it the engine/radiator fan? I think there is also a fan for the power steering pump as well.
    I haven't checked the coolant but it just had a full service from main BMW dealer. Car only has 40k miles. Not sure which fan either as problem just started 2 days ago and I haven't had a proper look.

Advertisement