Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

change form values after submit Firefox

Options
  • 25-06-2010 8:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭

Hi,

a year or so ago i came across a firefox plugin that allowed one to edit values passed through in a form after submitting.
    bascially allowing one to bypass the client side validation...

however i cant for the life of me remember the plugin

does anyone have an idea ?

Tnx
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

You can't change the values after you've submitted the form, because the values have already been passed to the server.

What you may be thinking of is editing the value of hidden elements in a form.

Hidden elements are commonly used in forms that have multiple "pages". When you submit one page and move onto the next, the submitted values are stored in hidden elements on the new page and then submitted along with any new values on the new page.

This method though is generally being phased out in favour of using sessions to persist form data across multiple pages.

That said, you're looking for the "Web Developer" plugin for Firefox which allows you to change the value of any form element on any page (as well as a whole lot of other things). It's a great little tool for trying to hack your own pages.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Skrynesaver

Or indeed Firebug the best plugin ever for web development
    Examine and edit html, css, javascript
    javascript console
    javascript debugger
    Examine load times for each request
    Examine each request and response including headers etc

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭ChicoMendez

seamus wrote: »
    You can't change the values after you've submitted the form, because the values have already been passed to the server.

What you may be thinking of is editing the value of hidden elements in a form.

no it was not changing hidden fields - i know how to do this through web development plugin alright.

i found the plugin i was thinking of - its called Tamper Data - surprised none of ye have heard of it
    "Tampering" is the act of modifying request parameters before request submission.

cheers anyhow

Advertisement