Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ipod Water Damage

Options
  • 24-06-2010 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

well
    i dropped my ipod in the toilet there this evening,
    its not turning on for me, is it totally banjaxed now :mad: or do i have any chance of fixing it??
    any tips??
    did this ever happen to any of ye before??

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Leroy Lita wrote: »
    well
    i dropped my ipod in the toilet there this evening,
    its not turning on for me, is it totally banjaxed now :mad: or do i have any chance of fixing it??
    any tips??
    did this ever happen to any of ye before??

You shouldn't have tried to turn it on, but for the moment, get a bowl of dry rice, and put the iPod right into the middle of it. Put bowl including ipod into an airing cupboard and leave it at least three or four days to dry out.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Leroy Lita

whiterebel wrote: »
    You shouldn't have tried to turn it on, but for the moment, get a bowl of dry rice, and put the iPod right into the middle of it. Put bowl including ipod into an airing cupboard and leave it at least three or four days to dry out.

cheers. is it likely to work after leaving it in the rice?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Leroy Lita wrote: »
    cheers. is it likely to work after leaving it in the rice?

Depends on the amount of water got into it, what is touched etc. I wouldn't hold out a lot of hope after a full immersion, to be honest. If you have any chance at all, the rice is the best option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Eoin_Sheehy

If there's when you try turn it on it fries most of the transistors, it would've been a better bet to do the rice before trying turn turn it on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

I'd say it's iFvcked

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Leroy Lita

If there's when you try turn it on it fries most of the transistors, it would've been a better bet to do the rice before trying turn turn it on.

i know, i say its pretty fkcded. how long should i leave it in the rice for??
    if it wont turn on for me after taking it out of the rice would i be able to get some to fix it??
    would it be hard to fix??

Advertisement