Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I phone!

Options
  • 24-06-2010 5:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hey Guys,

I was recently given an iphone for work, my boss thought i was an O2 customer so got me an iphone locked to the O2 network, but i'm actually Meteor.

I'm thinking of getting it unlocked... anybody know how or wud advise against? etc...

Thoughts and comments please! :)

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

Moved from Nets & Comms...this seems like a more sensible place for this question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

foobi wrote: »
    Hey Guys,

I was recently given an iphone for work, my boss thought i was an O2 customer so got me an iphone locked to the O2 network, but i'm actually Meteor.

I'm thinking of getting it unlocked... anybody know how or wud advise against? etc...

Thoughts and comments please! :)

Thanks
    first of all what a boss you have :D. you have to be a bit more specific on which iphone and what firmware its running then people can point you in right direction . Dont pay someone to unlock it for you anyway its real easy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭foobi

hahaha sorry still kinda new to this place so didn't see this forum! :)

Its an iphone... ermmm...3Gs452... currently version 3.1.3... what else do i need to let u know of? Lol

i've done the jailbreak part but its stuck on that colourdy screen for agesss!

• Advertisement

You get that sorted ?

nope, still on this colourdy screen...what wil i do?! Beginning to freak out! Can't break the phone or i will be dead!! :(

Em prob best to restore in iTunes then start again ,Wait don't do that . What's the screen look like ? Can you post a pic ??

this is the screen

32036.png

seriously...i've restarted computer... if i restore the phone then the next software is version 4.0...

what wil i do?!

Try holdin power button and home button together till it goes off and try again maybe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,004 ✭✭✭Wossack

bit late, but would have thought the obvious thing to do, is either get the boss to return and get a meteor one (such a thing?), or port your number over to o2

we may be on the road to somewhere!!!! currently downloading packages...and breathing again! Lol

No such thing on Meteor and can't change to o2!

You can celebrate when you make your first call of your meteor number :)

yeah an error came up! Jezzzz! This is killin me!

okkk... problemo no 2....

Screen saying : Note: the requested modificationd cannot be applied due to required dependencies or conflicts that cannot be automatically found or fixed..

Modifications
    Install: Mobile substrate unltrasn0w

unltrasn0w
    depends: fireware >=3.0

What the?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭alexmcred

Can you ask your boss to request the unlock code from o2?

I could but that may take days (up to 10, apparently) and i need this really for this weekend if not start of next week

It's definetly works with your phone , em click on ultrasn0w and go to modify press reinstall see if that works

I don't see a modify...

I know i'm driving you mad...mayb i'l give it someone to fix because i just can't work it out!

• Advertisement

i've put in my meteor sim and gotten a step further but it keeps downloading and then timing out?

Are you using wifi ?

think so, kinda presume so! how do i def know?

yayyyy! it worked! yayyyy1 :D thanks so much for ur help... must figure out how to to use the thing now and we'l be rolling! :)

Told ya it was easy :)

eventually...yesss! :D

how do i text? Lol... This is very confusing... firsrt time i'l actually have to read instructions for a phone!

foobi wrote: »
    eventually...yesss! :D

how do i text? Lol... This is very confusing... firsrt time i'l actually have to read instructions for a phone!

You'll figure it out that's the fun part :)
    oh if ya intend on using Internet on it . Download the meteor carrier bundle through cydia . Just be careful though charges are huge if you don't have data package

Advertisement