Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hero Question

Options
  • 24-06-2010 5:52pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have a Hero on Meteor Bill Pay,I am off to the UK tomorrow and they want 60 euro to turn on roaming as I am just under the 3 months with them.I am not paying it just out of principle I am not paying 60 euro for 2 days phone calls I know it comes off my future bills but still.

I have been wanting to get a UK sim card for some time anyway as I am over their a lot,will I have to get onto Meteor and get the phone unlocked..?

One other thing,what network would you recommend in the UK for a Pay-As-You sim card...?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Pretty sure the Meteor Hero's are unlocked. Mine was when I bought it on PAYG.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Pretty sure the Meteor Hero's are unlocked. Mine was when I bought it on PAYG.

Mine is a bill pay so not sure if its unlocked.Is there any way to find out...?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Try someone elses sim in it and see if it works?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭funnyname

Dub13 wrote: »

One other thing,what network would you recommend in the UK for a Pay-As-You sim card...?

IMO 3 uk offer the best payg deal, a £10 top up offers 600 uk texts (valid for 3 months), 150mb internet and free skype.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Just to update this the hero's sold by Meteor are unlocked.

I ended up going for 02 as they have a bolt on were you can ring Ireland for 5/6p a min.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭funnyname

Dub13 wrote: »
    Just to update this the hero's sold by Meteor are unlocked.

I ended up going for 02 as they have a bolt on were you can ring Ireland for 5/6p a min.

Also

http://www.o2.co.uk/yourcountry

Advertisement