Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPod Touch antenna...

Options
  • 24-06-2010 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭

hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone on here recommends somewhere that i could either

a) get someone to open up my ipod touch and have a look at my antenna- I have the greyed out wifi problem and software rests etc aren't doing the job

or

b) where I could buy the necessary tools to do it myself. I've tried the 'guitar pick and flathead screwdriver' once but had a fit at a little scratch and am now loathe to try again with out one of those fancy little tools you see in the tutorials...

Cheers,

Zo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Haven't seen any strip downs of the device myself, but going by the screws on the bottom of the iphone, you can probably just get a tiny screwdriver to take it apart, the same that you'd get in an eyeglass repair kit. You can pick them up in most pharmacies.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

yeah, there's no screws on the touch, and the teardowns do use one of those to like, jimmy it open and separate the case, it just looks a little... scary.

Advertisement