Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long would you queue for an iPhone/iPad/any gadget

Options
  • 24-06-2010 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭

Ok, nothing too serious, just for a bit of craic. I am reading stuff on the web about people in the UK queueing for 32 hours for an iPhone.

Personally, as much as I love gadgets and technology, my first reaction is to tell these people to get a life, but as they say, each to their own.

So, how long (if at all), would you queue for a gadget, such as the iPhone?

How long would you queue for an iPhone/iPad/gadget 32 votes

Never. I don't queue
    0%
    1-2 hours
    75%
    seamusRambomilltownWossackcarrotcakegpjordanf1mayordenisBrian017Pyro BoychrisladMelionmusiknonstopEvergreenBlazerHeisenberg.phlegmsSlipshaneyFat_FingersDeep ThoughtRnR 24 votes
    4-8 hours
    21%
    Tom DunneDadesSK1979Danbo!Head_HunterfayerMuhammadUmar 7 votes
    more than 8 hours
    3%
    KeithM89_old 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,428 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

1-2 hours
    Wouldn't bother my ass queuing no matter how much I want something.
    I can always wait a day or two

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

1-2 hours
    Never. Even when a shop is busy and there's 3 or 4 people in the queue, I'll usually go off and come back later unless that's the only reason I left the house.

I would probably queue for a couple of hours if there were significant savings to be made on an item that I need - e.g. I need a 50" TV and they're being sold at €500 instead of €1,500.
    I wouldn't queue for a couple of hours for something that I don't actually need and is being sold at full price. I can wait a few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

more than 8 hours
    I would queue for a short while if i had to but i just got my iPhone 4 ( :) )
    delivered by post this morning so im happy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Fat_Fingers

1-2 hours
    Would never queue for any gadget or anything i have to hand over my money :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

4-8 hours
    I chose 1-2 hours because at the 3gs launch I queued for 10 minutes for them to open the shutters. First in the queue, thinking to myself, why did I bother coming down so early, no one is around (nutgrove o2). Within 5 minutes I had a queue of about 12 people behind me, I felt like quite the dud.

After seeing the pictures from Belfast today, I wouldnt be into that at all. Gonna take my time this time round and see what the networks are offering and may go sim free.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

4-8 hours
    I'd queue for a couple of hours for an iPhone if

(a) I knew I'd get what I wanted, and
    (b) By not queuing I would end up waiting possibly weeks to get my hands on one.

The situation in (b) has happened people before!

I wouldn't dress like a Hobbit, although I would be hiding my face in case anyone I knew saw me. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Dades wrote: »
    I'd queue for a couple of hours for an iPhone if

(a) I knew I'd get what I wanted, and
    (b) By not queuing I would end up waiting possibly weeks to get my hands on one.

Yeah, I'd be the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

1-2 hours
    Bar your standard waiting for the till, I'd show up maybe 5 mins before opening. I tend to know people who work in the retail area so I generally get them to make sure there is one for me.

Advertisement