Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pampering Spa Treatment for Girlfriend??

Options
  • 24-06-2010 11:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

So here is the deal, my girlfriend has had a rough few weeks...someone very close to her is currently in hospital and she is with them most of the time, which is very upsetting and stressful for her I would believe. It is also not too long ago since she has finished up her college exams, another stressful time for her.

It has been about two weeks since I have seen her and she is visiting me next weekend, I want to plan a surprise weekend for her so she can just relax and distress. I am planning the usual shopping, dinner, hotel suite etc... I was also thinking of booking her in for a few hours at a spa (massage, facial and other girly stuff). However I am unsure if I can just surprise her with that, do you need any preparation (i.e. have a bikini handy/not be wearing any makeup/tan) for a spa, or can you just walk in off the street? Also, she has never been to a spa and I'm not too sure if it is 'her thing'.....or do all girls want to be pampered? For any girls that reply....how would you react if your boyfriend took you shopping then just walked you into a spa and said enjoy.... :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭Lillylilly

Triple OG wrote: »
    For any girls that reply....how would you react if your boyfriend took you shopping then just walked you into a spa and said enjoy.... :D

It is my idea of heaven, so I would melt! My boyf has done this a few times for me and it's always so appreciated.

Some girls don't love it though. How is she with people touching her? If she's not into lying in her nip being rubbed by strangers, then maybe a massage is out. You could organise a facial, even people who aren't very tactile seem to like these. Reflexology can also be really relaxing, but she has to be okay with having her feet fiddled with.

I think that the only thing she'd have to do is wear flip flops if she's having a pedicure- I reckon everything else is pretty okay to walk in from the street for.

It's a really sweet idea, fair play :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Personally if I had been going through all of that I wouldn't want to be going shopping. I like buying new things of course but I find shopping can be tiring.

A hotel suite, nice dinner out, chilling together sounds perfect. Does she like champagne? A bottle of champagne waiting (it doesn't have to be an expensive bottle, you could just bring your own) and some strawberries in the hotel room would be lovely! Or even some wine!

If you're not sure about a spa being her thing then it might be a bit of a waste of money. Not all women like spas. If you could book it but be able to cancel it without losing money then I'd do that, it gives her the option of saying no and emphasise that she doesn't have to go if she doesnt want to.

Hope you both enjoy your weekend together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ruanem

Think its a fantastic idea, fair play to you for being so kind and considerate! I have yet to hear of any girl who doesnt appreciate some pampering so I think your idea is a brilliant one. Even if she was just to have a massage to relax, or a facial - it would do her the world of good. Good on you!
    Have a great wend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Triple OG

Lillylilly wrote: »
    How is she with people touching her?

Well I know she has gone for full body spray tan before, so she is comfortable being semi naked around beauty professionals, so I assume she would have no problem having a masseuse do their thing.
    Cathooo wrote: »
    Personally if I had been going through all of that I wouldn't want to be going shopping. I like buying new things of course but I find shopping can be tiring.

Knowing my GF she would probably find shopping more relaxing than the spa, lol :p
    Cathooo wrote: »
    If you could book it but be able to cancel it without losing money then I'd do that, it gives her the option of saying no and emphasise that she doesn't have to go if she doesnt want to..

Unfortunately I would have to cancel 24 hours in advance to avoid losing my money...so I would have to tell her first and ruin the surprise :(

Thanks so far for your replies, they have been very helpful :D

Advertisement